kleggo

"long" WS containers - who makes them?

(edited)

You can order the long rig option on Aerodyne containers sized I1 - I4. Also, the only WS specific container I've seen is Javalin's new Aurora. All other containers I've seen are just normal containers and the WS mod option just means they dont sew up the sides of the main packing tray and give you a longer bridle. That's it.

Edited by 20kN

Supposedly, UPT also has a long option for the Vectors.  I had heard rumors about it  and I asked some UPT people about it at their booth  in march and they confirmed it but didn't have one with them at the time.  I haven't seen it on their site though. 

The aerodyne long option looks nice and appears to be used by most Aerodyne wingsuit team members.  The Aurora is probably the most specific in terms of aerodynamic design if you are into PPC.

23 minutes ago, kat00 said:

Supposedly, UPT also has a long option for the Vectors.  I had heard rumors about it  and I asked some UPT people about it at their booth  in march and they confirmed it but didn't have one with them at the time.  I haven't seen it on their site though. 

The aerodyne long option looks nice and appears to be used by most Aerodyne wingsuit team members.  The Aurora is probably the most specific in terms of aerodynamic design if you are into PPC.

A wingsuit friend ordered a long UPT rig. When he got it rig did not fit not even close, and build quality ( I saw it) was, to say it mildly, not what was expected. It looked horrendously bad actually. It was returned and money was refunded. He then ordered the Sunpath Aurora which he recently got, and he is happy with that.

VSE also has two form factors for the Infinity, SN (short + narrow) which sits higher and standard which is longer and flatter. Freefliers tend to prefer the SN models, wingsuiters and really tall people gravitate toward the standard.

With that said, I think every manufacturer now has some variation on this concept now.

(edited)

Here is one I spotted in the wild yesterday.

I was told this is a 'Long long Vector', longer than the normal 'long' version. Brand new, 18 inches long apparently. However I suspect the jumper got this due to lanky body shape rather than for WS.

Looks pretty good to me at first glance.

20191102_091952.jpg

20191102_092000.jpg

Edited by johnmatrix
More detail

13 hours ago, roostnureye said:

The new vectors are the 340 series. 

They are 2" longer,  slightly more narrow at the top. But thet are only made for 143 reserves and larger.  I jump a spectre 120 with op126 they do not have a container to fit my reserve and main.  

you should probably upsize your canopies especially the reserve, to become safer anyway - unless you are just 50kgs :) I will never forget that video of this very competent wingsuit pilot at training in Dubai Desert, having linetwists on his op126 spining wildly, and almost going in. The fact is that size does matter and small canopies are not what wingsuiters should use

On 1/8/2020 at 4:07 PM, roostnureye said:

The new vectors are the 340 series. 

They are 2" longer,  slightly more narrow at the top. But thet are only made for 143 reserves and larger.  I jump a spectre 120 with op126 they do not have a container to fit my reserve and main.  

I was told by their reps that the new containers are the ones that end in "-1" on their size chart, indicating they are 1 inch longer than their original forms (which also correlates to their stated sizes).

The 34X vectors have been around for ages now...

Here you see a V306 and V314-1 next to eachother, both with +- same size in main/reserve inside. The 314-1 is flatter and longer.

Not sure if anyone wants to jumps this (esp. reserve size) if you're really into big suits, but it shows a good size comparison of two rigs and what the vector -1 series is.

WhatsApp Image 2019-12-21 at 19.09.06.jpeg

• Like 2

On 1/9/2020 at 8:39 PM, lyosha said:

I was told by their reps that the new containers are the ones that end in "-1" on their size chart, indicating they are 1 inch longer than their original forms (which also correlates to their stated sizes).

The 34X vectors have been around for ages now...

I just was at invasion talking to the vector rep. He said the new longer containers are +2" and I questioned him about the 340 number.  He definitely said the new ones are called a 340

I currently jump a 316, I prefer the longer flatter version as it is an easier pull for me.  

On 1/9/2020 at 11:09 AM, birdynamnam said:

you should probably upsize your canopies especially the reserve, to become safer anyway - unless you are just 50kgs :) I will never forget that video of this very competent wingsuit pilot at training in Dubai Desert, having linetwists on his op126 spining wildly, and almost going in. The fact is that size does matter and small canopies are not what wingsuiters should use

Interesting, I use a 120 spectre at 1.9 loading and Opt 126 for last 1400 jumps zero issues. All depends on being able to pack, deploy and land safely. Used it on my 35k jump and it was great. Its not all about size.

On 1/9/2020 at 6:09 AM, birdynamnam said:

I have been flying the OP126 for 4 years now.  I have 2 rides on the op126 and love that reserve.  I'm also on my 5th spectre,  the last 3 being 120s. I flew a crossfire2 119, sabre1 120 before I moved to the spectre.  Ive been jumping almost 20 years.  But hey,  you know better than me what's good for me.  

On 1/12/2020 at 2:00 AM, mccordia said:

Here you see a V306 and V314-1 next to eachother, both with +- same size in main/reserve inside. The 314-1 is flatter and longer.

Not sure if anyone wants to jumps this (esp. reserve size) if you're really into big suits, but it shows a good size comparison of two rigs and what the vector -1 series is.

WhatsApp Image 2019-12-21 at 19.09.06.jpeg

Hi!

What size main, and reserve in thease containers?

Thank you!