1 1
MikeR47

GoPro Hero 7 Black - HandiCam Glove - 2 Cameras (one for video, one for photos)

See my response in the gear forum, I didn't know you cross posted, but I responded there.

I have one solution I am just trying out, and another one coming if usps ever stops mailing it back and forth across the country that will replace the existing housing on the Pivot pad glove.

• Like 1

(edited)

Never mind, the system just ate my post and it is gone. Great.

Ok here we go again. 

I connected with a guy named Joe on Facebook, his Facebook business page is under the name Triple D. He is doing a bunch of 3d printing. He had a stock glove setup, and he also printed a sweet double go-pro 7 mount for the front of my FTP that replaces the porch.

I haven't put a ton a jumps on the glove, so I am still trying to figure out if I like how it sits lower on my hand instead of higher and further back. Makes it closer to the student and I have t-rex arms, but I like the simplicity of the setup.

Camera are retained by friction and two spring loaded gates. Very snug fit on the cameras, I might actually sand slightly so they slide in easier.

Joe was great to work with, and I would definitely recommend buying stuff from him if you like the design.

Glove 2.jpg

Glove 3.jpg

Glove1.jpg

Edited by DougH
  • Like 1

(edited)

My second Gopro hero 7 will be here today(their trade up thing took about a week and a half ) so I will have mine on line this coming weekend. I took it up with just one in shooting video on a couple of tandems this past weekend and it works great. Camera locations are almost identical to the pivot dual stack housing for the Gopro3-4.

Edited by TheCaptain
  • Like 1

(edited)

I believe I got one of the the very first ones Juan made. The lower camera was very tight I took a dremel and loosened it up a bit it is still a snug fit and snaps in place. I suggested the additional bungee and explained that I loosened the lower one up. Juan added the bungee I would assume he would have loosened up the lower one. Juan has been great to work with and I love the design.

20190528_195801.jpg

20190528_195808.jpg

20190528_195754.jpg

20190528_195740.jpg

Edited by TheCaptain

(edited)

Doug to more accurately describe how tight the lower camera fit in initially (and again this was one of the very first mounts made and I would assume Juan has addressed this) I could push it in but I personally felt if I did I would have trouble getting it back out so that is why I took and made the opening a little bit less tight.

Edited by TheCaptain

That is great, thanks for the extra info. It looks like USPS is never going to deliver the first part from Juan, so he is going to send another. You are right, he is also a great guy to work with. It mirrors my experience with Joe from Triple D. 3d printing has definitely been a great game changer.

On 5/28/2019 at 2:23 PM, TheCaptain said:

My second Gopro hero 7 will be here today(their trade up thing took about a week and a half ) so I will have mine on line this coming weekend. I took it up with just one in shooting video on a couple of tandems this past weekend and it works great. Camera locations are almost identical to the pivot dual stack housing for the Gopro3-4.

Where did you get the camera mount. I have the pivot glove and really like this gopro 7 setup.