1 1
brenthutch

Just a reminder

32 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:
1 hour ago, DJL said:

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the same company owns both sources.

The media would NEVER do that.

image.jpeg.cff579251eda31814dfb327fb0c15d6b.jpeg

Effectively we're all sheep to be shorn and they're just feeding us what we want so they can clip another year of fleece off our backs.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=2ahUKEwjdnbz1nYLoAhX3l3IEHS_iATMQ0PADMAB6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fcleantechnica.com%2F2020%2F03%2F04%2Ftesla-registrations-fall-in-europe-struggle-in-japan%2F&usg=AOvVaw08jNqDN9NAnPtZQNgI4AOu

11 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

I didn't read your article - but this was from yesterday - The titles seem to conflict.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/04/business/tesla-europe-success.html

I don't subscribe to the NTY, but I would surmise that it was a story about last year.  The stories I linked to were about the current state of affairs.

5 hours ago, ryoder said:

I've heard George Soros is buying all those Tesla's just to make Tesla look good.

Since the stock’s June low, Tesla shorts have covered 19.11 million shares, worth $11.1 billion, and are down $12.43 billion in mark-to-market losses.

and “George Soros comes to the rescue of sinking Tesla”. And investors who are bullish on the stock received the news happily:

Conservative anti-environmentalists, hard core right wingers, Q, etc. got handed their crying towels by Soros once again. $12.5 billion US in losses in just over 1/2 a year. Evidently Mr. Soros is going to use some of his profits to help democracy and democratic causes.

All the poor(thats financially poor) Tesla haters with no balances in their 401K accounts.

15 hours ago, brenthutch said:

I don't subscribe to the NTY, but I would surmise that it was a story about last year.  The stories I linked to were about the current state of affairs.

I don't have a subscription. I just clicked and read. Oh and it is about recent months.

Now your article talks about Norway and The Netherlands. This may come as a bit of a shock, but that doesn't quite cover the entirety of Europe. It also talks about the shift to other electric cars and the games Tesla plays with regional availability.

You didn't really read either article, did you?

On 3/6/2020 at 12:09 PM, SkyDekker said:

I don't have a subscription. I just clicked and read. Oh and it is about recent months.

Now your article talks about Norway and The Netherlands. This may come as a bit of a shock, but that doesn't quite cover the entirety of Europe. It also talks about the shift to other electric cars and the games Tesla plays with regional availability.

You didn't really read either article, did you?

Did you read about the article, about Germany? Japan? China?

8 hours ago, billvon said:

It's sort of a thing with science deniers.  They have to curate/truncate their sources of information carefully, lest they learn.

Agree, so much for Google enlightening the world, educating the masses and lifting the ignorance of the masses. It seems odd that information and knowledge has spread so quickly about Coronavirus. Yet denial of climate change persists in certain political circles/minds.

Science only matters when it can be pigeonholed within that mindset.

(edited)
9 hours ago, billvon said:

It's sort of a thing with science deniers.  

I don't deny anything I question it.  That is the difference between an emotional mind and a rational one.  I show that Tesla sales are down in California, Germany, Norway, the Netherlands, China and are unable to get a meaningful foothold in Japan. But your faith is strong and you can not be convinced by silly little things like facts.

Much like your faith in the GND.  No matter what facts I lay out, you continue to believe that we are on the cusp of a worldwide paradise of windmills and solar panels, or a hellscape of floods, and pestilence, brought on by the sins of man.  And much like the doomsday preacher, when that day does not arrive, you just change the dates and raise the stakes.  

Edited by brenthutch

57 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I don't deny anything I question it.  That is the difference between an emotional mind and a rational one.  I show that Tesla sales are down in California, Germany, Norway, the Netherlands, China and are unable to get a meaningful foothold in Japan. But your faith is strong and you can not be convinced by silly little things like facts.

Much like your faith in the GND.  No matter what facts I lay out, you continue to believe that we are on the cusp of a worldwide paradise of windmills and solar panels, or a hellscape of floods, and pestilence, brought on by the sins of man.  And much like the doomsday preacher, when that day does not arrive, you just change the dates and raise the stakes.  

You have an unyielding propensity to cherry pick your facts to fit your prejudiced beliefs.

Norway:"The Norwegian government is taking some big steps on climate, but it still has a way to go.

In June, its Parliament voted to extend divestment policies that will see its huge Government Pension Fund not only phase out investments in companies dealing with oil and gas exploration and production, but also divest from eight coal companies. The policies include a ban on the Fund investing in any company generating more than 10GW of electricity from coal - or mining more than 20 million tonnes of coal annually. Some of the resources will instead be invested in unlisted renewable energy projects.

Norway also continues to lead the world with its record share of electric cars: in the first half of 2019 the share of electrically-charged vehicles sold in the country increased to 56%. However, the overall figure is still at around 8% of all cars.

Norway’s long term, 2050 goal of becoming a “low carbon society” has been engrained in legislation in 2017, described as a 80-95% reduction below 1990 levels. In a January 2019 declaration, the government signalled its plans to increase this goal to a 90-95% emissions reduction, but failed to clarify how much of this it would achieve domestically."

Germany" The German government’s new Climate and Energy Package, agreed in September 2019, does not contain enough policy action to meet its own emissions reduction targets for 2020 and 2030, which themselves are outdated and insufficient. The CAT rates Germany’s 55% emissions reduction target for 2030 (agreed in 2010) as “Highly Insufficient”; it needs to be strengthened to be compatible with the Paris Agreement.

Earlier changes in regulation have almost completely stopped expansion of wind power in 2019 and the new Climate and Energy Package will not reverse this trend. The package also lacks a clear long-term vision to reach its envisaged goal of climate neutrality by 2050. The new, positive structural elements to German policy - a coal phase-out, a carbon price on fuels in buildings and transport, and an overarching climate law - lack sufficient quantitative ambition to meet the government’s targets, let alone the Paris Agreement’s mitigation challenge.

On coal, the proposed phase-out schedule of 2038 is almost a decade too slow to meet the objectives of the Paris Agreement, and there is even a hint that a new coal-fired power station may go online in the short term. The phase-out schedule was proposed by a multi-stakeholder commission in combination with compensation to local people and companies of up to €50 bn EUR to compensate for the 20 000 jobs that will be lost in the coal industry."

Netherlands "The Netherlands is under pressure to slash emissions in sectors such as power generation and agriculture in 2020 after a ruling by a top court made the government a reluctant ‘test case’ for tougher global climate policies.

The government of conservative Prime Minister Mark Rutte is working out new measures after the Dutch Supreme Court in December ordered it to cut greenhouse gas emissions by 25% by the end of 2020, compared with 1990 levels, as its fair share to combat climate change.

It is a daunting task – latest official figures showed only a 15% drop on 1990 levels by the end of 2018, meaning sharp cuts will be needed in an economy where major emission sources are manufacturing, energy generation, transport and agriculture.

The case marked the end of a six-year legal battle by the non-profit Urgenda Foundation and was seen as a landmark moment for climate justice. UN special rapporteur on human rights and the environment David Boyd called it the “most important climate change court decision in the world so far”.

Its redumbdent to quote the actions of Mr. trump on climate issues.

26 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Agree, so much for Google enlightening the world, educating the masses and lifting the ignorance of the masses. It seems odd that information and knowledge has spread so quickly about Coronavirus. Yet denial of climate change persists in certain political circles/minds.

Well, keep in mind that Google (and the Internet, and social media) spreads all sorts of information, including misinformation.  People pull the sort of information they want out of the Internet - and other people spend a great deal of money pushing misinformation on the Internet because often it makes them money.  That's why, for example, we now have the Heartland Institute subsidizing climate change deniers who are social media influencers.