1 1
twodogs

twodogs

hi there   is there any one on here that may be able to help me with some information on the GQ360 low level static line parachute . i have just got hold off a new unused harness but its missing the risers , the cutaway ripcord and the static line . i dont intend to jump this rig i just want it for my collection that i have and just want it to look complete  . would any  one on here know  where i maybe able to find said items   , i have found some risers on ebay  but they dont post Australia for some reason . any help would be great  , 

Hi Skybytch  the cutaway ripcord for this harness is not the same as the ones you find on civi jump rigs , this ripcord is combined , it has the cut away for the three rings but it allso has the steal ripcord that opens the reserve pack as well , when pulled it does the two actions all in one pull , cuts away the main and opens the reserve container , i can get the risers but i would like to keep as it was made , this rig was use and still is in use by the defence department 

SOS handles are still around. Not super common, but they're out there.

Any idea what the S/L itself looks like? The ones I've seen (and packed) for sport student rigs have the metal 'locking' clip on one end and velcro on the other.

I actually have both of the above (sport SOS handle & S/L) in my 'parts bin'.

(edited)

Hi Wolfriverjoe  is there a chance you could post a pick of the sos handle you have  and if its what i am after would you be interested in selling it   , not to sure what the static line looked like  if you could post a pick off the one you have i could see if it might be what i am after . the picks are of the harness that i have . interested in anything ells you may have that fits this rig  , deployment bags ect  

thanks Twodogs 

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

download.jpg

Edited by twodogs
add some picks

14 hours ago, twodogs said:

the cutaway ripcord for this harness is not the same as the ones you find on civi jump rigs , this ripcord is combined , it has the cut away for the three rings but it allso has the steal ripcord that opens the reserve pack as well , when pulled it does the two actions all in one pull , cuts away the main and opens the reserve container

Yes, this is known as a single operation system (SOS) and it is still in use in civilian skydiving, generally only on student harness/container systems.
Try contacting Parachutes Australia.  They manufacture and sell student containers with SOS handles.  It's very possible that they either have or can build what you need.  Any other manufacturer that produces student containers can likely do the same, I mentioned PA specifically because they are in Australia. 

On 5/21/2019 at 12:36 AM, twodogs said:

hi there   is there any one on here that may be able to help me with some information on the GQ360 low level static line parachute . i have just got hold off a new unused harness but its missing the risers , the cutaway ripcord and the static line . i dont intend to jump this rig i just want it for my collection that i have and just want it to look complete  . would any  one on here know  where i maybe able to find said items   , i have found some risers on ebay  but they dont post Australia for some reason . any help would be great  , 

you can use shopmate service from australia post. have the ebay seller send his item to shopmate's us address.

7 hours ago, twodogs said:

OK i have the risers and what i thimk is the right static line , i just need the cutaway handle and cord if any one can help me out

As mentioned above, contact Parachutes Australia. They make SOS handles. They can help you.

hi there  has any one have a pick of the SOS cutaway handle off the GQ 360  , i have a few people that say they can make one for me if i can show them what they look like  a pick or info on where i may find some , all the picks i have seen so far dont have the handle in them and some picks of the main deployment bag as well if i can  ,, thanks twodogs 

Ahhhhh Crap!!!!!

Sorry. Got busy and spaced this.

I found one from an old Student Hawk H/C, but didn't get a pic. 
I found another one, most likely off an old SSK Sweethog (not 100% sure on that) with pretty much identical lengths on the cables (putting them next to each other looked the same but didn't pull out a tape measure.).

Going to be a few days before I get back home.