GeorgiaDon

Blue skies Marianne (blueskyserenity)

It is with overwhelming sadness that I have to report that my friend and colleague Marianne Shockley was taken from us this weekend.  She was at one time a regular presence at Skydive Monroe and the Farm; here on dz.com she posted as blueskyserenity, and to the students at the University of Georgia she was Doc Shock.  Keep her kids in your thoughts, she was a single mom but always did her best for them.  Her boyfriend has been charged with her murder.

Don

This was a gut punch for sure!!  She was an angel of a soul!  She was christened Mariposa Rodriguez by myself and Boboso Rodriguez. She busted her A$$ to get her Ph.D., so she could always provide for her family, and make a better impact on the world, and a bug’s life!  She was a great, warm, funny person, who would have slain dragons for her kids!!  They are in my thoughts.

She loved bugs....one of my favorite memories is of her and her kiddos wading around the pond at the Farm scoping for bugs!!

She will be dearly missed, and always loved!. Blue skies, my Mariposa!  Blue skies for BlueSkySerenity, always and forever!

I cannot even handle this news today. One of our old school dz.commers who was such a shining and bright light in our community. It was always so great to see her at the Fitz boogie every year. She was such a sweet woman, and so, so smart. Her death is so not fair.

• Like 1