2 2
skydiverkeith

Best wingsuiting audible?

Hey, all.  I just got my D license current again after over 6 years since my last jump.  I’m looking to put my Tonysuits X2 back on and work up to XRW since it’s “legal” now.

I’m not wanting to use my old Neptune 3A because I don’t want to use ear buds anymore, so what’s the consensus on best audible now?

On 5/5/2019 at 5:35 PM, birdynamnam said:

On 5/6/2019 at 11:33 AM, timski said:

+1 on the Quattro.

19 hours ago, kat00 said:

I too use a Quattro but any of the L&B altimeters should be fine.  It comes down to how many alarms and how much do you want to spend. 

13 hours ago, 20kN said:

VOG. It's the best altimeter period, regardless of application.

I didn’t find enough on the VOG to inspire confidence so I ordered a Quattro.  Thanks for the input!

On 5/7/2019 at 10:37 AM, skydiverkeith said:

I didn’t find enough on the VOG to inspire confidence so I ordered a Quattro.  Thanks for the input!

Quattro will be great. I use a protract 2 because it logs, but they both have 4 alarms which I find great for wing suiting.

The audible I use and one that not many people talk about is the Parasport NeoXs. It's a super simple audible that can do 6 alarms (3 freefall, and 3 canopy). It's reliable and I haven't had any issues with it in the 4 years I've owned it. It's $225 new from chutingstar for the v2 version, but you could pick up the v1 version used for even less (the one I have). I love L&B altimeters and use their Viso for all my jumps, but this audible has given me no issues and I'd buy it again for cheaper than a L&B.

(edited)
2 hours ago, Johnkelley said:

The audible I use and one that not many people talk about is the Parasport NeoXs. It's a super simple audible that can do 6 alarms (3 freefall, and 3 canopy). It's reliable and I haven't had any issues with it in the 4 years I've owned it. It's $225 new from chutingstar for the v2 version, but you could pick up the v1 version used for even less (the one I have). I love L&B altimeters and use their Viso for all my jumps, but this audible has given me no issues and I'd buy it again for cheaper than a L&B.

I think every wingsuiter should have a 4 alarm audible; the 4th alarm being a "cut your crap immediately' alarm.

Edited by meat.missile

(edited)

Is there an audible that will keep track of your slowest speed without detecting a canopy opening when in fact your canopy isn’t open yet?  I’m sick of my audible detecting my canopy opening when it hasn’t.

Edited by jasdcarter
spellcheck

5 hours ago, jasdcarter said:

Is there an audible that will keep track of your slowest speed without detecting a canopy opening when in fact your canopy isn’t open yet?  I’m sick of my audible detecting my canopy opening when it hasn’t.

I havent had an issue with the Quattro and I've flown some pretty big suits really flat and slow. However, if the suit becomes large enough and you fly it slow enough, you're suit becomes as slow as a small canopy (hints the possibility of XRW) and there is no way for the altimeter to distinguish between the two. That's one of the nice things about the Vog altimeter. The Vog will speak the altitudes you set regardless if you're in freefall, under canopy or in the airplane riding down. When you reach the preset altitude, it goes off.

On 6/6/2019 at 3:46 AM, jasdcarter said:

The best device for this is Flysight