4 4
skybytch

Linda Hardesty - hottamaly

Linda left us last month, at home, apparently in her sleep.

She was known here as hottamaly. 

One of the best load organizers for low to mid experienced jumpers that I ever jumped with.  She wouldn't key the next point until everyone was smiling. :)

She had the greatest smile too.

Fly free Linda. 

• Like 2

(edited)

I saw that on the Airtrash page a couple weeks ago, was saddened. I did some of her student jumps when she went through AFF at Elsinore in the early 90's. Beautiful human being, always bright, cheerful and positive whenever I saw her. And you're right - great, genuine smile.

Fly free indeed...

Edited by dudeman17

On 5/3/2019 at 4:58 PM, skybytch said:

Linda left us last month, at home, apparently in her sleep.

She was known here as hottamaly. 

One of the best load organizers for low to mid experienced jumpers that I ever jumped with.  She wouldn't key the next point until everyone was smiling. :)

She had the greatest smile too.

Fly free Linda. 

Awwwww MAN!  So sad to hear.  She was an absolute JOY to deal with when I was a military end-user of Bonehead products.  I even got to meet her in person a time or two - genuinely a great lady. 

• Like 1

On 5/3/2019 at 3:58 PM, skybytch said:

Fly free Linda. 

Skydiving gave me a reason to live 
I'm not afraid of what I'll miss when I die...I'm afraid of what I'll miss as I live 

Linda Hardesty "out"

I'm very sad to hear this.  Does anyone know about service arrangements or a family contact?  She was living in Nevada.  I know a bunch of people here in So. Cal would like to send her off properly.

Here is her trademark smile going through the hoop at night time.

LindaH.pdf

We will be holding an ash dive and Celebration of Life for our friend Linda Hardesty on Saturday, September 7th at Perris Valley Skydiving. The jump will be at about 4:00 PM, and we'll meet in the pool area for story telling, drinking, and such afterwards.  Please let me know if you plan to attend.

On 6/9/2019 at 7:55 PM, rscott said:

We will be holding an ash dive and Celebration of Life for our friend Linda Hardesty on Saturday, September 7th at Perris Valley Skydiving. The jump will be at about 4:00 PM, and we'll meet in the pool area for story telling, drinking, and such afterwards.  Please let me know if you plan to attend.

We're in!  Jerry & Barb Swovelin

DSC00026 (2).JPG

• Like 1

Wouldn't miss it for the world.  Linda was such a sweet soul, always ready to help, with a smile and kind word.  Even though it's been years since we connected, I will miss her.  Fly Free, dear Linda.  May you fly with the dragons . . . 

• Like 1

Hi everyone.  Here is an update for Linda’s ash dive and celebration.  I hope to see everyone there.

·         Jumpers arrive at the airport by:  2:00

·         Dirt dive:  2:30

·         Take-off:  4:00

·         Ashes released:  4:25

·         Appetizers and drinks in the pool area:  4:45 

·         Cost:  

- Jump

- Optional donation for appetizers, no more than $10

If you are on the dive and have not confirmed with me recently, please let me know.