2 2
brenthutch

Looks like trickle down works after all

(edited)
23 hours ago, kallend said:

Of course, the last crash came about under a conservative President and the recovery under a liberal one.

I give your prediction no credibility whatsoever. 

And the continuation and acceleration of that recovery into record breaking territory under Trump.

Being a thoughtful fellow, I’m sure you will remain intellectually consistent and give the current administration credit for the record breaking sustained growth in GDP, low unemployment (especially for minorities) rising wages, and a record breaking stock market.

Edited by brenthutch

(edited)
9 hours ago, brenthutch said:

And the continuation and acceleration of that recovery into record breaking territory under Trump.

Being a thoughtful fellow, I’m sure you will remain intellectually consistent and give the current administration credit for the record breaking sustained growth in GDP, low unemployment (especially for minorities) rising wages, and a record breaking stock market.

How's that promise to eliminate the national debt going? Last I heard the deficit was increasing again under Trump. Bigly. 

Edited by kallend

(edited)

60% don’t 

And that 40% is better off now than they were three years ago.

200,000+ jobs created in June and real wages increased as well. Not to mention what the record stock market has done for the 401Ks of ordinary working Americans 

Edited by brenthutch

50 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Not to mention what the record stock market has done for the 401Ks of ordinary working Americans 

55 million Americans participate in 401K

More than 250 million adult Americans.

The far majority of Americans are not benefiting. 

But yes, the rich get richer under Trump. The country as a whole gets poorer.

And if the country is doing so well, why can you not pay for toothbrushes and beds for the people you are concentrating in camps along your border?

50 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

take a look at your treasury yield curve and what it generally means.

Not even the right index to use. Why would anyone put their money out of circulation for 10, 20, 30 years to get a 2.5-ish rate of return. And, Brent - we can't use some "optimism" index either. Facts and Data? There's always a cycle to the economy and Trump should not be cheerleading too much, because we will see things change - as for those of us who've been around awhile have seen before (even those with a degree in econ from UoP). I think that even a two point change - while still the very good economy is going to be used against him in the next election and "may" cause an acceleration in the downturn cycle. And, as we all know also - that's gonna mean another war.  

https://www.thebalance.com/us-economic-outlook-3305669

On 7/4/2019 at 4:32 AM, brenthutch said:

There are so many false premises in that video it is hard to count but I will try to list a few.

1.  The stock market loves high job numbers (the market often reacts negatively on a positive job numbers report as it raises the specter of higher interest rates)

2.  Holding multiple jobs is an indication of financial stress. (Most people take on a side gig for EXTRA money, not just to get by)

3.  A second job in one’s area of expertise is a further indication of financial stress. (Both my wife and I have had consulting gigs in addition to our full time careers)

In order to compare today’s economic reality with other periods, our benchmarks have to remain consistent for a valid apples-to-apples comparison.    The video was a hot mess of misinformation and faulty logic.

On 7/5/2019 at 6:18 PM, BIGUN said:

Not even the right index to use. Why would anyone put their money out of circulation for 10, 20, 30 years to get a 2.5-ish rate of return. And, Brent - we can't use some "optimism" index either. Facts and Data? There's always a cycle to the economy and Trump should not be cheerleading too much, because we will see things change - as for those of us who've been around awhile have seen before (even those with a degree in econ from UoP). I think that even a two point change - while still the very good economy is going to be used against him in the next election and "may" cause an acceleration in the downturn cycle. And, as we all know also - that's gonna mean another war.  

https://www.thebalance.com/us-economic-outlook-3305669

You might think so, but that index has predicted every recession since the 60s.

On 7/11/2019 at 2:58 AM, turtlespeed said:

nope

Yep.

You started a thread to call a candidate an idiot who demonstrates the entire party lacks reason, logic and common sense when they did nothing wrong but accidentally misspeak one word. You also refuse to back down, despite the fact you're simultaneously actively defending Trump from criticism over his latest nonsensical speech.

You're proving Bill to be exactly, 100% right..

12 hours ago, jakee said:

Yep.

You started a thread to call a candidate an idiot who demonstrates the entire party lacks reason, logic and common sense when they did nothing wrong but accidentally misspeak one word. You also refuse to back down, despite the fact you're simultaneously actively defending Trump from criticism over his latest nonsensical speech.

You're proving Bill to be exactly, 100% right..

nope.

11 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

nope.

Great argument. Very convincing.

In the meantime, everything else you've said except 'nope' is still sitting out there as evidence that Bill is 100% right about you.