2 2
brenthutch

Looks like trickle down works after all

1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

You aren't, and I would never say you are, but there are people who can be absolute insufferable asses, but not you. Thank you for providing that low level brain dead video so I can see positively what you are not. For my part I have no idea what you guys are talking about even though I ran a company the did 100% of it business in Canada between 2009 and 2015 and made bank. Thanks for the heads up.

Oh no!  You have just thrown down the gauntlet!  The hypocrisy police have been alerted and are eagerly awaiting the moderator's response. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

For my part I have no idea what you guys are talking about even though I ran a company the did 100% of it business in Canada between 2009 and 2015 and made bank. Thanks for the heads up.

Curious to know why you are no longer running this bank-making company.

1 hour ago, airdvr said:

Curious to know why you are no longer running this bank-making company.

It was a PT6 engine leasing company. I provided various PT6 models to Pratt & Whitney designated overhaul facilities, primarily Standard Aero in Winnipeg and Vector Aerospace in PEI. My inventory was sourced direct from Pratt so it was an all Canadien gig. I simply wanted to ease into semi retirement so I killed it and my jump aircraft leasing company.

On 12/8/2019 at 10:37 AM, JoeWeber said:

That's outstanding news for everyone. I'm curious, how many hourly employee's at Skydive Happy Valley made $23.24 an

These are the type of comments "I abhor" wouldn't you agree a backhand slap that brings the conversation down?

Where does all the vitriol come from that brent described as hate.

Joe,I don't work at happy valley.With my partner I run an automotive lube /repair shop  and mobile fleet service, a two man operation for 20 plus years,I've been a mechanic since the cold war. I can tell you this economy and the Idea of a rising tide that lifts all boats is working before our eyes, and the stats represent the averages well.The average worker isn't worried about job security their prospects or the future, college grads have it great compared to the decade prior.Why all this doom and gloom.

I don't get it with you guys,Obama told you we needed a magic wand to renegotiate NAFTA.Remember "get used to the fact those jobs are coming back"? Aren't you grateful or even happy for our success? 

We all know automation will ultimatly crush manufacturing, but that doesn't mean we ignore the negative impact or as policy, encourage the industries demise.Previous Chief economic advisers told you 1-2% was the new normal and Corporations were the "unpatriotic" to leave the US. But never bothered to ask, why.

Repatriations are on the rise like never before.Billions in cash and reinvestment regardless of the naysayers opinions.

On 12/9/2019 at 6:18 PM, SkyDekker said:

Lows in unemployment are a good indicator of a coming recession.

How about this idea?  Low unemployment is a good indicator, period.

On 12/11/2019 at 10:52 AM, SkyDekker said:

Incredibly enough there can be more than one indicator.

The US has never been able to sustain a low rate of unemployment without tipping into recession.

Telling Americans what we can't do. LOL  Oh the irony. 

I thought the inverted yield curve was the death of us? The tariffs and trade war was going to crush the manufactures and consumers.You guys have been Wrong for three years now and my meager retirement account is up yuge .Because I find this so entertaining, I'll lend you some advice... hopeful  you did well in your investments this year.With the markets trading at All time highs, this is a great time to whittle some profits from your positions to build a cash reserve.This is for you to take advantage of a healthy market pull back of 3-8%.It will be a fade move, an opportunity, not recession.

Don't short this train, you'll get run over.

On 12/13/2019 at 11:55 AM, SkyDekker said:

I am predicting that the start of a recession will occur prior to Q2 2020.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, richravizza said:

Telling Americans what we can't do. LOL  Oh the irony. 

Apparently Americans can no longer build large telescopes or particle accelerators: those have been conceded to Europe.  And the last US made TV set was decades ago. Even Boeing is in bad shape.

4 hours ago, kallend said:

Apparently Americans can no longer build large telescopes or particle accelerators: those have been conceded to Europe.  And the last US made TV set was decades ago. Even Boeing is in bad shape.

God does not want that type of basic research done in Her favoured Nation.

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

Oh no!  We are falling behind in the particle accelerator race??!!  Oh the humanity!!!  

This one you can't do the old "I was joking thing". You've again revealed yourself to be anti-science and pro whatever supports your views. As you've previously observed on these pages, Trump has given you the judges you want. So you can look forward to more anti-science, anti-equality, pro you and fuck everyone else goodness. 

1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

. So you can look forward to more anti-science, anti-equality, pro you and fuck everyone else goodness. 

Dropping thousands from SNAP three weeks before Christmas while being happy that Trump spends $millions of taxpayer money on golf trips is very Republican.

2 hours ago, kallend said:

Dropping thousands from SNAP three weeks before Christmas while being happy that Trump spends $millions of taxpayer money on golf trips is very Republican.

You have hit on something there.  Democrats consider more people on welfare as success while Republicans think the opposite.   

Given the booming economy and rising wages SNAP is not needed as much as it was during the Obama administration.

Edited by brenthutch
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

You have hit on something there.  Democrats consider more people on welfare as success while Republicans think the opposite.   

Sort of.  Both Republicans and Democrats screw up all the time.  In general, Democrats screw up by helping the unfortunate too much; Republicans screw up by harming the unfortunate too much.    Democratic policies generally result in trickle-down economics - Republican policies result in trickle-up economics.

Democrats didn't screw up, they want a perpetual underclass, dependent on government handouts for survival and forever beholding to the Democrats.  Look at what they did to the African American family.  Before the war on poverty, single motherhood was around 25% now it is three times that.   Thank You! LBJ

• Like 1

On 12/13/2019 at 1:56 PM, SkyDekker said:

Lowest number of stocks in circulation in 20 years.

Tax cut has resulted in largest debt for equity swap ever. With almost no re-investment.

Inverted yield curve

QE isn't having corresponding growth in GDP

Record low unemployment.

Recession before Q2 2020.

Given that our economy is driven by consumer spending, and the fact we just finished our first TRILLION dollar Christmas season, would you like to reconsider your prediction?

Given that our economy is driven by consumer spending, and the fact we just finished our first TRILLION dollar Christmas season

Cool, maybe Bill will hop back up on his high horse and cite another love poem for us all.

I wonder how much of that trillion dollars of materialistic hypocrisy he's responsible for?

. . . and Qualcomm did pretty well this holiday season -  with those 5G modems we can spend it even faster! 

Edited by Coreece

6 hours ago, Coreece said:

Cool, maybe Bill will hop back up on his high horse and cite another love poem for us all.

I wonder how much of that trillion dollars of materialistic hypocrisy he's responsible for?

. . . and Qualcomm did pretty well this holiday season -  with those 5G modems we can spend it even faster! 

Or hit the "Donate Now!" button when materialistic prosperity pastor Friar Shuck needs another 5G Jet. All tax deductible in the name of almighty God and hypocrisy.

23 hours ago, Coreece said:

As you wish!  An ode to Fred Singer:

I'm Mr. De Nier
I'm Mr. coal
I'm Mr. icicle
I'm Mr. ten below

Friends call me De Nier
Whatever I see
Looks like cold weather to me!
I saw it - on TV.

He's mister white Christmas
He's mister snow
He's mister icicle
He's mister ten below

I never wanna hear about a day
That's over 40 degrees.
I'll believe it's 30, 20 then 5 -
what a big freeze!

Yep.  I remember that company.  Good luck to them.

On 12/24/2019 at 1:54 PM, billvon said:

In general, Democrats screw up by helping the unfortunate too much; Republicans screw up by harming the unfortunate too much.   

Do you want to flip for it? Heads I win. Tails you Lose.

Bill no response  is needed, I just wanted to point out the obvious. Back to our regular scheduled program.

Brent, I think this could go a long way in our Idiocracy, Regardless of Party.

It has a Russian fable at the end, but you'll have to watch the whole thing No spoilers.

I was wondering if you recall it being said.

• Like 1

Yes, the tariffs are a drag on the economy however you cannot view them in isolation. One has to take into account the simulative effect of the tax cuts and deregulation.  As a whole, Republican economic policies have proven to be beneficial. (hence the unprecedented economic expansion and record low unemployment)  The tariffs are tapping the breaks on what might otherwise be an overheating economy. 

We are not imposing tariffs on Chinese goods because it is fun, they are a tool to improve our trade balance, diversify our supply chain and protect our intellectual property rights.  

Edited by brenthutch
  • Like 1

Yes, the tariffs are a drag on the economy however you cannot view them in isolation. One has to take into account the simulative effect of the tax cuts and deregulation.  . . . We are not imposing tariffs on Chinese goods because it is fun, they are a tool to improve our trade balance, diversify our supply chain and protect our intellectual property rights.  

That's an excellent argument for subsidies for renewable energy technologies.  Through those subsidies, we create new industries (solar cell fabrication equipment is one of the few things we still export) enable whole new employment sectors (solar installers, wind turbine maintenance, battery energy storage companies) and increase our intellectual property advantages over other countries.

And, of course, they tap the brakes on what otherwise might be an overheating economy, thus saving us from recession.

Thanks for that.