2 2
brenthutch

Looks like trickle down works after all

15 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

I thought it was the result of trickle down economics?

No the record long growth and record low unemployment are a result of lower taxes and less burdensome regulation.  The party will probably come to an end if it looks like the Dems will win the White House 

18 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

No the record long growth and record low unemployment are a result of lower taxes and less burdensome regulation.  The party will probably come to an end if it looks like the Dems will win the White House 

Then it isn't a business or economic cycle, since they are not defined by political party in power.

You want to play both sides. Claim victory for the good and blame others for the bad.

5 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Borrowing a $TRILLION a year helps to make things appear good, too.

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

What about the subsequent eight trillion dollars?  Who's fault was that?

Bush's.

Recovery from a the worst recession in generations doesn't happen instantly.

Reagan/GHWB - deficit goes UP

Clinton - deficit goes DOWN

GWB - deficit goes UP bigly

Obama - deficit goes DOWN

Trump - Deficit goes back UP

Even a blind man could see a pattern here.

On 12/12/2019 at 9:25 AM, kallend said:

Bush's.

Recovery from a the worst recession in generations doesn't happen instantly.

Reagan/GHWB - deficit goes UP

Clinton - deficit goes DOWN

GWB - deficit goes UP bigly

Obama - deficit goes DOWN

Trump - Deficit goes back UP

Even a blind man could see a pattern here.

Same can be said about the budget deficit.

5 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Lowest number of stocks in circulation in 20 years.

Tax cut has resulted in largest debt for equity swap ever. With almost no re-investment.

Inverted yield curve

QE isn't having corresponding growth in GDP

Record low unemployment.

Recession before Q2 2020.

Maybe in Canada. There is no reason I can see to expect two quarters of negative growth in the US economy in that time frame. But hey, I'm just a truck driver. To be clear, just which quarters are you predicting will be negative growth? 

51 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Maybe in Canada. There is no reason I can see to expect two quarters of negative growth in the US economy in that time frame. But hey, I'm just a truck driver. To be clear, just which quarters are you predicting will be negative growth? 

I am predicting that the start of a recession will occur prior to Q2 2020.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

I am predicting that the start of a recession will occur prior to Q2 2020.

In Canada ;-)

The last five recessions were preceded by a spike in oil prices.  Given our relative independence on foreign oil, due to the fracking revolution, I think we are going to be ok. Trade war looks like it might be abating, doesn't look like we are going to have a government shutdown and peoples bank accounts are flush with money. The financial guys are even predicting the first TRILLION dollar holiday shopping season.

Canada on the other hand is probably in trouble, given a loss of 70,000 jobs in November.  

18 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

The US spits Canada swims.

Well, not last time. Canada did quite well with strong banks and no housing crash after the US suffered the misfortune of uncontrolled capitalism called the great recession in 2008. About the most damaging thing that happened to us was the strengthening of the Loonie against Greenback. It was a party for a while but it damaged our exports.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

You aren't, and I would never say you are, but there are people who can be absolute insufferable asses, but not you. Thank you for providing that low level brain dead video so I can see positively what you are not. For my part I have no idea what you guys are talking about even though I ran a company the did 100% of it business in Canada between 2009 and 2015 and made bank. Thanks for the heads up.