1 1
kallend

Trump breaks 10,000

13 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

I would vote for Obama - 

And it makes me happy that you aren't able to pick.:P

Makes me happy too. I have curtailed personal and company travel to the US. I have further ensured our company doesn't pursue investments in the US.

We are small fish, but rather not invest half a billion into a country set on repeating history's mistakes. We'll invest and grow in areas where "thank you's" outnumber the "fuck you's".

Plus, no business likes an unstable environment.

(edited)
7 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

I have further ensured our company doesn't pursue investments in the US.

I on the other hand have moved more of my tiny savings into the US. Despite the brief Trump era my feeling is that the US economy is more stable than any other. Unless you count third world nations that are stable in their poverty. With the emergence of the strong US oil sector it is hard to see the US dollar retreating anytime soon. The party will be on until the fracking boom runs out.

Edited by gowlerk

1 minute ago, gowlerk said:

I on the other hand have moved more of my tiny savings into the US. Despite the brief Trump era my feeling is that the US economy is more stable than any other. Unless you count third world nations that a stable in poverty. With the emergence of the strong US oil sector it is hard to see the US dollar retreating anytime soon. The party will be on until the fracking boom runs out.

sounds like a win win there too.

6 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

I would vote for Obama - 

So why didn't you?

These claims of balanced, bipartisan views after the fact are somewhat hard to believe when you never had a good thing to say during his run, and you're still allowing yourself to be fooled by the most obvious, ludicrous right wing nonsense as an excuse for needing to vote against Hillary.

7 hours ago, jakee said:

So why didn't you?

These claims of balanced, bipartisan views after the fact are somewhat hard to believe when you never had a good thing to say during his run, and you're still allowing yourself to be fooled by the most obvious, ludicrous right wing nonsense as an excuse for needing to vote against Hillary.

. . . Because you know me so well.

I didn't vote for Obama when he was running because I thought there were better candidates out there to choose from.

Why is it so hard to believe that people actually vote their conscience?

Just now, turtlespeed said:

Why is it so hard to believe that people actually vote their conscience?

For one because you just said that you voted for Trump even though you agree he’s a lying criminal conman.

Also because at least part of the reason you don’t like Hillary is, again, because you’ve allowed yourself to fall for transparent partisan fakery. (Seriously, are you not embarrassed to have posted that picture thinking it was real?)

1 minute ago, jakee said:

For one because you just said that you voted for Trump even though you agree he’s a lying criminal conman.

Also because at least part of the reason you don’t like Hillary is, again, because you’ve allowed yourself to fall for transparent partisan fakery. (Seriously, are you not embarrassed to have posted that picture thinking it was real?)

I have never said that I voted for trump.

please show where I did.

Embarrassed? Yeah - I have egg on my face.  I'm over that - I try not to dwell in the inconsequential.

I admitted my mistake and moved on.

9 hours ago, kallend said:

. Federalist Paper No. 68 says future presidents would likely be “characters preeminent for ability and virtue,” reasoning that the electoral college would eliminate those who had only “talents for low intrigue, and the little arts of popularity.”

Alexander Hamilton never met Donald Trump.

The electoral college (as it was originally intended) should have rejected Trump's victory. 

On 5/1/2019 at 8:21 AM, turtlespeed said:

please show where I did.

Embarrassed? Yeah - I have egg on my face.  I'm over that - I try not to dwell in the inconsequential.

I admitted my mistake and moved on.

please show where I did.

Still waiting . . .

29 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

please show where I did.

Apologies, I must have misremembered. I'm still puzzled at your statement that you'd vote for Obama though - O don't remember you supporting any of his policies. What did he do that you approved of?

I'm also confused that you'd describe Clinton meeting Osama Bin Laden in the recent past 'inconsequential'. If that's not something that would bias you against her, then what on earth has she actually done to make you actively dislike her so much?

12 minutes ago, jakee said:

Apologies, I must have misremembered. I'm still puzzled at your statement that you'd vote for Obama though - O don't remember you supporting any of his policies. What did he do that you approved of?

I'm also confused that you'd describe Clinton meeting Osama Bin Laden in the recent past 'inconsequential'. If that's not something that would bias you against her, then what on earth has she actually done to make you actively dislike her so much?

As far as presidents go - his rein didn't end with as much damage to the American reputation as Trump's will.

If it were Obama against Trump - I'd pick Obama.

Hillary . . .

That's easy - 

A lot of the same things that Trump did that bias you against him.