philh

Which tunnel in Europe to go to for freely training?

Im looking to go to a tunnel for a few days for some training. I learnt to sit fly in the 1990's skydiving and have bad habits like flying too much with my arms that I want to get rid of. 

Any suggestions for where to go ? Ideally looking for a good coach with good English,a tunnel in an urban area so I can walk from accommodation to tunnel . Even better would be air to air comms but amazingly it seems no one is using these ( i tried them once at Perris Valley and they were amazing). I was thinking Prague or Budpest. Does anyone know of good coaches there the would recommend ? Any other suggestions for a different tunnel or experiences with these ones? I live in Uk but thinking it would be nice to take a trip someone on mainland Europe for this. 

Edited by philh

Hi philh,

I would highly recommend Hurricane Factory Tatralandia in Slovakia. You can stay in Tatralandia Holiday village right next door which also has access to aqua park. I was there already twice for coaching camps and going again end May! Can not wait!! It is becoming my home tunnel, though some 2000 miles away from my home:))

All instructors in the tunnel speak English very well. I would highly recommend Ivan Farbak as a coach, he also has usually good deal for time+coaching. I believe it is €550 per hour. But you can also buy direct time with the tunnel, let me know if you would be interested and I can give you some contacts. 

Whilst you are there, if you would rent a car, you can also do hikes in the mountains. There is a lake close by to the tunnel (10 mins walk), I swam there in September last year after a day in a tunnel, a great way to cool down:) 

• Like 1

I believe that Russia has the cheapest tunnel time in the world, and the Russians have many flying legends and most of those work as tunnel instructors. The visa though can be a bit bothering but it doesn't cost much and it's not a prob for EU citizens. Flystation St petersburg and Freezone Moscow are 2 of the most famous destinations. I've never been there but I'm planing to do it in the end of  this year.