1 1
Dewbee

Save $$ buying direct from LB??

I noticed on LB’s website as I was drooling over the Viso 2 that it costs 234 Euros, which with the current exchange rate ends up being about $263usd.  All other places in the US (paragear, ChutingStar, etc,) have it listed for $310 usd.  Am I missing something here or am I just gonna buy it from LB direct? I’ll give up ChutingStar points to save $50 anyday. ;p

1 minute ago, Dewbee said:

I noticed on LB’s website as I was drooling over the Viso 2 that it costs 234 Euros, which with the current exchange rate ends up being about $263usd.  All other places in the US (paragear, ChutingStar, etc,) have it listed for $310 usd.  Am I missing something here or am I just gonna buy it from LB direct? I’ll give up ChutingStar points to save $50 anyday. ;p

I'm pretty sure you cant buy direct.

15 hours ago, Dewbee said:

Did you factor in shipping and import fees? 

6 hours ago, tabouare said:

Did you factor in shipping and import fees? 

No, I didn’t do anything like that. I did notice that the LB web store Will not allow you to ship to the United States.  Seems kind of lame that we have to pay 50 bucks more just because we live here. 

13 hours ago, Dewbee said:

No, I didn’t do anything like that. I did notice that the LB web store Will not allow you to ship to the United States.  Seems kind of lame that we have to pay 50 bucks more just because we live here. 

Quite often the product is manufactured in another country and there is a different import fee on top of the item price. You get burn a few times then you start looking into the total landed cost.

As an example my last purchase was for a Pilot ZPX. On this particular purchase, I was able to avoid the import fees because I was cooperative with the agent and I didn't tell her that the canopy was made in South Africa. After 15 min of searching, she got tired of looking at websites that didn't provide the country of origin and decided that it was coming from the US.

US =1750$ original price of purchase
CAD = 2425$ include shipping and paypal fees because transferwise was not available with this seller

US import fee 0%
Taxes = 345$
Total landed = 2770$

South Africa import fee 10%
Import fee = 243$
Taxes = 400$
Total landed = 3068$

And yes the tax amount changes because they tax the import fees.
Look at duty calculator websites to see your landed cost prior to purchasing anything in a different country to see if it's worth it.

https://customsdutyfree.com/duty-calculator/

• Like 1