1 1
brenthutch

Scars

My wife was having GNO, so I had the abandoned dads and kids over for fire pit, beers and s’mores.  One of the dads is a surgeon and the conversation turned to scars.  I quoted a military buddy who said “chicks dig three things: scars, tattoos and muscles and I just happened to have all three on one arm.”  We had a good laugh and talked about how some guys wanted a big Frankenstein scar instead of a delicate trace of a scar.  Again we laughed.  My wife comes home and asks “what did you guys talk about?”  I told her we talked about several things, including scars, to which she inquired “emotional scars?”

Face palm 

Or a way of taking ownership. I saw a woman at a wedding (she was a guest) wearing a backless dress, with her back completely covered by tattoos. Seemed weird, until I saw from the side that her back was also covered with massive scars. 

Dunno the story, but it did seem like a great way to take ownership of something awful that had happened to her. 

Wendy P. 

3 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Or a way of taking ownership. I saw a woman at a wedding (she was a guest) wearing a backless dress, with her back completely covered by tattoos. Seemed weird, until I saw from the side that her back was also covered with massive scars. 

Dunno the story, but it did seem like a great way to take ownership of something awful that had happened to her. 

Wendy P. 

I knew a female jumper who had a tall, narrow tattoo to hide a scar from spinal surgery.