yobnoc

I don't recall...

Just now, turtlespeed said:

If you look for the worst - Be assured you will find it in some way.

If you look for the best - Be assured you will find it in some way.

Why do you refuse to look for the best?

I did look for the best. I assumed that the bullshit you are spewing makes you feel good.

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

Probably so - 

. . . but he still beat Hillary and more Americans are better for that than would have been better off had the election gone the other way. .

More thanks to Obama for the better off part than Trump for any improvements.

15 hours ago, nigel99 said:

Funny I was just reflecting on this last night. How can you expect someone who is clearly lying or has a very poor memory to run a country?

We recently learned that the only reason Trump isn't in jail right now is that there are still some sane people in the administration who refuse to carry out his illegal directives.

4 hours ago, billvon said:

We recently learned that the only reason Trump isn't in jail right now is that there are still some sane people in the administration who refuse to carry out his illegal directives.

Sadly I don’t think Trump will ever see jail, although he should. I think he will be pardoned or some other mechanism for the USA to avoid the embarrassment of having to an ex president in jail. 

I’ve been reading the Mueller report and one of the footnotes/references caught my eye ‘Section II ... The Presidents Criminal Activity...’ I realise it was a cross reference, but it did not say potential or possible...

13 minutes ago, nigel99 said:

Good thing she isn’t running the country then! But sadly another dunce is....

We can agree there.

That doesn't detract from the fact that, Unfortunately, Trump was the best choice of the two.

I really really wish a better candidate had been put forth - 

My guess is that a better candidate WAS put forth, until the Clinton's powered their way to usurp them. 

We can agree there.

That doesn't detract from the fact that, Unfortunately, Trump was the best choice of the two.

My guess is that a better candidate WAS put forth, until the Clinton's powered their way to usurp them. 

I know you don’t like Hillary and to be honest I don’t really know much about her, but there is a good article she wrote that came out today 

https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-america/how-we-should-respond-to-mueller-report-20190425-p51h0y.html

• Like 1

On 4/24/2019 at 2:55 AM, turtlespeed said:

If you look for the worst - Be assured you will find it in some way.

If you look for the best - Be assured you will find it in some way.

Why do you refuse to look for the best?

I’m sorry, but that’s such transparent bullshit. Don’t pretend you’re prepared to support Trump because you’re an optimist, it’s just not true. You never have and never will give the same benefit of the doubt to a Democrat President, your support of Trump is solely rooted in partisan politics. 

7 hours ago, jakee said:

I’m sorry, but that’s such transparent bullshit. Don’t pretend you’re prepared to support Trump because you’re an optimist, it’s just not true. You never have and never will give the same benefit of the doubt to a Democrat President, your support of Trump is solely rooted in partisan politics. 

Sure I do - even though I dislike a lot of what Obama stood for - he was a decent president.

Better than most, in some areas and the worst of all in some others.  The median was about 60-65% desirable.

16 hours ago, nigel99 said:

I know you don’t like Hillary and to be honest I don’t really know much about her, but there is a good article she wrote that came out today 

https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-america/how-we-should-respond-to-mueller-report-20190425-p51h0y.html

We need a similar commission today to help protect our elections.

This is necessary because the President of the United States has proved himself unwilling to defend our nation from a clear and present danger. 

From the article - 

Did she mean that Obama - during the election was unable or unwilling to protect the people?

From the article - 

Did she mean that Obama - during the election was unable or unwilling to protect the people?

Or maybe you should consider that Mitch McConnell refused to allow the Republican party to sign on to or participate in any bipartisan effort to counter Russian activities?  No doubt with the intent of accusing Obama of trying to influence the election, if Obama made a big issue of the election interference by the Russians.  McConnell has no morals other than win at all costs, even if it does major damage to the country or its institutions.

Don

2 hours ago, GeorgiaDon said:

Or maybe you should consider that Mitch McConnell refused to allow the Republican party to sign on to or participate in any bipartisan effort to counter Russian activities?  No doubt with the intent of accusing Obama of trying to influence the election, if Obama made a big issue of the election interference by the Russians.  McConnell has no morals other than win at all costs, even if it does major damage to the country or its institutions.

Don

That seems like a lot of supposition that aligns with what you want to be true.

That seems like a lot of supposition that aligns with what you want to be true.

You mean like your statement that the country is better off now than if Clinton had bene president.

Or your belief the majority of gang members are illegal immigrants even though facts say otherwise.

2 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

You mean like your statement that the country is better off now than if Clinton had bene president.

Or your belief the majority of gang members are illegal immigrants even though facts say otherwise.

No. Not like those. 

The statement about McConnell can be backed up with facts, and McConnell's previous behaviors.

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 7:28 PM, turtlespeed said:

We can agree there.

You could have written in someone else.  Evan McMullen pulled 30% of the vote in Utah, and made a clear showing in several other states as a write-in candidate, with only about two months of campaigning right before the election.  You can vote FOR whomever you want.

I voted for John McCain twice -- just not when he was the nominee of a major party (by that time he had flipped on many issues I liked him for before).

2 hours ago, TriGirl said:

You could have written in someone else.  Evan McMullen pulled 30% of the vote in Utah, and made a clear showing in several other states as a write-in candidate, with only about two months of campaigning right before the election.  You can vote FOR whomever you want.

I voted for John McCain twice -- just not when he was the nominee of a major party (by that time he had flipped on many issues I liked him for before).

I wrote in Sanders, and paired him with Hillary as the Vice -