6 6
gowlerk

Stupid firearm accident thread

6 hours ago, gowlerk said:

Just in time for the Holiday, or Christmas Season. (Whatever works for you, I don't want to offend any snowflake Christians)

https://www.kens5.com/article/news/local/7-year-old-dies-after-accidentally-shooting-himself-in-the-head/273-9c7194ab-9a8d-4772-9cd5-47776a9727da

It's the long lost San Antonio branch of the Ken Klan. I haven't been there for a while but I used to visit The Alamo and Skydive San Marcos occasionally.

17 hours ago, gowlerk said:

Just in time for the Holiday, or Christmas Season. (Whatever works for you, I don't want to offend any snowflake Christians)

https://www.kens5.com/article/news/local/7-year-old-dies-after-accidentally-shooting-himself-in-the-head/273-9c7194ab-9a8d-4772-9cd5-47776a9727da

Its just going to get worse - there is a lot of alcohol to be consumed in the next weeks

On 12/22/2019 at 2:07 PM, gowlerk said:

I don't want to offend any snowflake Christians

But, if someone on here said, "Snowflake Muslims;" they'd have islamophobia or be a Muslim hater. And yes; I am offended. Around 80% of the world has some form of higher belief and 90% of Americans are Christian. How about the other 10-20% of you that have no belief system - sit down and shut the fuck up about religion. 

1 minute ago, BIGUN said:

How about the other 10-20% of you that have no belief system - sit down and shut the fuck up about religion. 

You have no idea how irritating it is to have religion shoved in your face all day long. I'd love to shut the fuck up, just as soon as I stop seeing fucking billboards on the highway telling me that I am going to fucking HELL.

• Like 2

Just now, gowlerk said:

I'd love to shut the fuck up, just as soon as I stop seeing fucking billboards on the highway telling me that I am going to fucking HELL.

Seriously? You let billboards dictate how you feel? Bet you really love those fast food billboards. 

10 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

Seriously? You let billboards dictate how you feel? Bet you really love those fast food billboards. 

I wish Lady Bird Johnson's plan to ban billboards from the highways had come to pass.  They're all eyesores, regardless of whatever junk they're promoting.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

Seriously? You think that the billboard example I used to illustrate a point is all I base my feeling on? Religious extremism is something I worry about because in both your country and mine one of the main political parties who hold power are dominated by people, mostly men, who would impose religion as the basis for law upon our nations. It's no joke and no small matter. 

Edited by gowlerk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gowlerk said:

You think that the billboard example I used to illustrate a point is all I base my feeling on?

It was the only point you put forth.  In our country it's ok to be christianophobic. It's an opinion. Merry Christmas. 

2 hours ago, BIGUN said:

But, if someone on here said, "Snowflake Muslims;" they'd have islamophobia or be a Muslim hater. And yes; I am offended. Around 80% of the world has some form of higher belief and 90% of Americans are Christian. How about the other 10-20% of you that have no belief system - sit down and shut the fuck up about religion. 

Latest numbers are 65% of Americans suffer from christianity.

They're getting better though, as that number is declining.

Bless their hearts.

Sit down and shut the fuck up about religion indeed. That's pretty much all those that don't believe have ever wanted. Outta my face please.

Merry Christmas everyone.

5 minutes ago, normiss said:

Latest numbers are 65% of Americans suffer from christianity.

"Suffer" Cute. 

That poll you quoted wasn't false, but it wasn't entirely accurate either. 65% as it relates to "God in the scripture." An absolute belief in "The Good Book." I actually find that number a little on the high side. More seem to be drifting to a higher being without definitive constructs. An article for your review. https://www.christianitytoday.com/news/2018/april/we-believe-in-god-what-americans-mean-pew-survey.html You should appreciate the source - The editor-in-chief hates Trump too. :)

Merry Christmas .    

8 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

"Suffer" Cute. 

That poll you quoted wasn't false, but it wasn't entirely accurate either. 65% as it relates to "God in the scripture." An absolute belief in "The Good Book." I actually find that number a little on the high side. More seem to be drifting to a higher being without definitive constructs. An article for your review. https://www.christianitytoday.com/news/2018/april/we-believe-in-god-what-americans-mean-pew-survey.html You should appreciate the source - The editor-in-chief hates Trump too. :)

Merry Christmas .    

The Pew Research is the data I was quoting:

https://www.pewforum.org/2019/10/17/in-u-s-decline-of-christianity-continues-at-rapid-pace/ 

Those who identify as christians. Not with the added twist of a biased jebus site.

And "suffer" as in a cult mindset. Cults aren't healthy for humans.

Some of those who identify themselves as christian have been the worst of humans I've crossed paths with.

2 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

And, some of the best of humans.  

I can't disagree with that.

My grandmother on my mother's side is still at the top of that list.

Her choice of churches was the beginning of me walking away from that nonsense though.

Time to go slaughter some lambs for dinner. KP duty!

Enjoy your day and your time with family and friends.

2 hours ago, BIGUN said:

How about the other 10-20% of you that have no belief system - sit down and shut the fuck up about religion. 

Hi Keith,

I would happily do it if the Christians would do the same. 

Et tu, Brute'?

Should you check, all of my posts about my being an atheist are in response to someone else.  I never wear it on my sleeve.

Jerry Baumchen

2 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

I would happily do it if the Christians would do the same. 

Et tu, Brute'?

Should you check, all of my posts about my being an atheist are in response to someone else.  I never wear it on my sleeve.

Morning, Jerry. 

Should you check, all of my posts about my being a Christian are in response to someone else.  I never wear it on my sleeve.

So, No. No, Et Tu Brute'

Luv ya - Merry Christmas.