6 6
gowlerk

Stupid firearm accident thread

1 minute ago, ryoder said:

Gawd is that hilarious! How many authoritarian regimes have reduced the power of the police???

Perhaps its the "Boogaloo" militia defending the DNC. Because the DNC wouldn't use the US military like trump did.

Its all very confusing, where are those gaslighting flash cards. I need to keep track of it all.

This one barely qualifies as "accidental", but it sure has a big dose of "stupid". Don't drink and play with your killing machine at the same time.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/crime_police/article_4d26bc00-befc-11ea-ac4d-17c3c0b4a14e.html

The crap going on in Chicagoland? No comment, I just can't get my head around it.

3 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Turtle, you are always defending Trump for balance. And because you can understand that segment of the population. You consistently attack BLM — is that for balance too? 

The idea of Black Lives Matter is that they are as worth protecting by the police and other institutions of America. Examples of this not being true are disproportionately present in our society. That’s the whole point of the movement.

That individuals who aren’t representatives of the society and law enforcement don’t adhere to that is irrelevant — it’s expecting the other guy to be perfect before you’re willing to make any changes  

Wendy P. 

For balance?  Yeah.  I'm calling out the aggrandizing of what is attributed to BLM. 

I'm no fan of the police as they are now.  There should be great changes made.  I don't disagree with your comments above about worthiness.

Perhaps it is just perception, and you are right, but the imbalance in the amount of shootings and killings done in the urban areas is telling.

It is almost that those urban areas and the violence there is celebrated and held up high.  It seems that the lifestyle involved is actually sought after.

Making a spectacle of a guy like Floyd and putting him on a higher pedestal than even MLK, or, well, Anyone, really.  That funeral is something I have never heard of, except maybe for some of the Egyptian pharaohs.  Lenin might have been close, I guess.

That and things like the tearing down of a mermaid statue because mermaids are racist now.<eyeroll>

Evidently there is nothing beyond the label of racist.

Not even the tearing down of war memorials that have nothing to do with race.

Many of those war memorials were erected during the height of the Jim Crow era, to display power. How does that not have to do with race?

Do you know why Emancipation Park in Houston was bordered by streets named for Confederate heroes? Because the city council at the time was pissed that the Blacks has been able to get together and buy some land so they could have a park, too. They couldn’t go to any other park. 

Wendy P. 

54 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Making a spectacle of a guy like Floyd and putting him on a higher pedestal than even MLK, or, well, Anyone, really.  That funeral is something I have never heard of, except maybe for some of the Egyptian pharaohs. 

Or Matthew Shepard.  Or JFK.  Or Malcolm X.

8 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Many of those war memorials were erected during the height of the Jim Crow era, to display power. How does that not have to do with race?

Do you know why Emancipation Park in Houston was bordered by streets named for Confederate heroes? Because the city council at the time was pissed that the Blacks has been able to get together and buy some land so they could have a park, too. They couldn’t go to any other park. 

Wendy P. 

Which memorials do you think I was referring to?

(edited)
On 7/6/2020 at 5:41 PM, turtlespeed said:

For balance?  Yeah.  I'm calling out the aggrandizing of what is attributed to BLM. 

What does that mean?

Making a spectacle of a guy like Floyd and putting him on a higher pedestal than even MLK, or, well, Anyone, really. 

Utter bullshit. No-one is putting Floyd on any form of pedestal. No-one is calling him a saint, or any of the other lies being spewed at you by the right wing media. He is simply a man who was killed when he shouldn't have been. That's it.

That funeral is something I have never heard of, 

What about it have you never heard of? How much attention do you normally reserve for keeping up to date on ostentatious funerals? 

Jimmy Saville lay in state in a gold coffin to be seen by thousands, had a procession through a city with hundreds following, a requiem mass in a cathedral and was then transported again for burial by the coast - and he turned out to be the most prolific pedophile the UK has ever known. Michael Jackson was buried in a gold coffin too - one of those odd little co-incidences I guess.

except maybe for some of the Egyptian pharaohs. Lenin might have been close, I guess.

Utter bullshit. The pharoahs were buried in the largest edifices ever created by man at that time, their burials being planned in advance for decades, carried out with the labour of thousands and an equivalent cost of billions of dollars.

Lenin's body lay in state for three days before his funeral, both attended by tens of thousands despite the midwinter Moscow weather being -35F, then he was embalmed and left on display for people to see to this day.

Neither is remotely close to the funeral of Floyd, and it is ludicrous to suggest that they are. What is it that motivates you to do so?

Edited by jakee

(edited)
8 minutes ago, jakee said:

Neither is remotely close to the funeral of Floyd, and it is ludicrous to suggest that they are. What is it that motivates you to do so?

Drama Queens must drama.

Meanwhile, on topic....

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2020/07/07/man-wounded-in-accidental-shooting-at-west-side-apartment/

Edited by gowlerk

On 7/7/2020 at 2:20 AM, turtlespeed said:

Gold Plated Coffin.

Ah, of course you're right, such a thing must be totally unique. Except... why is it so easy to buy one if they're unheard of? Seriously, it amazes me the desire you have to remain willfully ignorant of the truth so that you can make these inane arguments.

And here's the other thing that applies regardless of whether gold coffins are ever used otherwise... so Floyd's family wanted to give him an ostentatious casket. So the fuck what? Seriously. What fucking impact does it have on anything else that is happening with the BLM movement that George Floyd's family like gold? What the fuck do you think it means? Why the fuck do you think it reflects how anyone else in the rest of the fucking world thinks about George Floyd? Why does it have any fucking bearing whatsoever on the righteousness or otherwise of the BLM cause, and the current wave of protest sweeping the US and beyond?

In short, so his coffin is gold? Why. Do. You. Care?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, normiss said:

Maybe he's just envious of Floyd Mayweather buying someone a gold casket because he knows he won't get that treatment.

George Floyd has become a symbol, just a statues of traitors are symbols. Some people prefer traitors I guess.

3 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

George Floyd has become a symbol, just a statues of traitors are symbols. Some people prefer traitors I guess.

That's an ugly comparison. Murdered by cops vs. traitor. Not even remotely comparable.

40 minutes ago, normiss said:

That's an ugly comparison. Murdered by cops vs. traitor. Not even remotely comparable.

No, I believe he's talking abut the racists and gormless right wingers who want to protect the celebratory statues of the Confederate traitors while moaning that Floyd's funeral is too much.

7 minutes ago, jakee said:

No, I believe he's talking abut the racists and gormless right wingers who want to protect the celebratory statues of the Confederate traitors while moaning that Floyd's funeral is too much.

Ah. Thanks for that, it would seem I misunderstood.

Thanks!

52 minutes ago, billvon said:

Sounds like Trump!  You must think a little more highly of him now.  (Although of course you will say you're not _really_ a supporter.)

trump and his supporters bemoan the fact that there was $13 million raised in the Go-Fund-me effort for Floyd. Then to top it off Floyd Mayweather paid for the casket. trump of course loves gold, anything gold.

His financially challenged supporters have the $13 million to deal with then the donation of the casket. Knowing that they will never have so many to mourn their loss. trump's death will probably be met with cheering and celebration.

Then the issues that Floyd is Black and celebrated for a uprising of conscious that they can't understand. Because "white power" blinds them to the support Floyd enjoys.

They need to go back to Tucker Carlson to understand these bubbling grievances. Tucker will bring clarity to their empty minds so befuddled by a casket.

18 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Maybe this is why Cover Girl and actress Jennifer O' Neill has been married nine times to date. Anyone (including herself) who hangs out with her becomes accident-prone:

Oh, brother. She didn't die, if you're wondering. 

If you really think it was an accident, I got a bridge to sell you.

On 7/6/2020 at 10:21 PM, RobertMBlevins said:

Terry Kath, former singer and guitarist with the band, Chicago. He was REALLY stupid that day. 'Look...the gun's not loaded' stories are the worst. 

Terry_Kath.jpg

No link. I will just quote the entry:

'By 1978, Kath was regularly carrying guns around and enjoyed shooting them. Around 5 p.m. Pacific Standard Time on Monday, January 23, after a party in Woodland Hills, Kath began to play with his guns. He spun his .38 revolver on his finger, put it to his temple, and pulled the trigger. The gun was not loaded. Johnson (equipment guy and roadie) warned Kath several times to be careful. Kath then picked up a semi-automatic 9-mm pistol and, leaning back in a chair, said to Johnson, "Don't worry about it ... look, the clip's not even in it." Those were his last words. To assuage Johnson's concerns, Kath showed Johnson the empty magazine. Kath then replaced the magazine in the gun, put the gun to his temple and pulled the trigger. Unbeknownst to Kath, the semi-automatic had a round in the chamber. He died instantly from the gunshot, eight days shy of his 32nd birthday..."

BIG difference between accident and idiot.  But I can totally get behind the theme of "guns aren't toys" so treat them accordingly...