6 6
gowlerk

Stupid firearm accident thread

Is Oakland somewhere in Afghanistan or Jemen or why is there a family loosing 4 to gunfire?

Yes i know  it is somewhere in Trumpcountry. You guys really are whilling  to  pay a high price for  your second amendment.

(No disussion needed you can do whatever you want in your country.)

13 hours ago, FrancoR said:

Is Oakland somewhere in Afghanistan or Jemen or why is there a family loosing 4 to gunfire?

Yes i know  it is somewhere in Trumpcountry. You guys really are whilling  to  pay a high price for  your second amendment.

(No disussion needed you can do whatever you want in your country.)

No Afghanistan is safer.

23 hours ago, kallend said:

If you really want to know where you are most at risk of violence in the USA, here is a handy map:

https://www.santarosa-lawyer.com/united-states-crime-map-2017/

I looked at my state, South Dakota, pretty sure out number is inflated because of the Indian Reservations. They are literally like 3rd world countries and the crime rate is worse on Pine Ridge Indian Reservation than Compton, CA. In fact just from the 9 reservations alone it actually doubles our crime rate stats.

https://www.ksfy.com/content/news/Reservation-crime-would-nearly-double-South-Dakota-stats--416659913.html

On 4/28/2019 at 4:45 AM, kallend said:
On 4/27/2019 at 3:57 PM, BartsDaddy said:

No Afghanistan is safer.

If you really want to know where you are most at risk of violence in the USA, here is a handy map:

https://www.santarosa-lawyer.com/united-states-crime-map-2017/

That's not really helpful tho in a practical sense, because while some states might appear lower on the list, they are home to some of the most dangerous areas in the country.

If you are moving or traveling, you might want to look at crime within a specific county, zip code or neighborhood to more accurately gauge your level of risk.

Nice Interactive map:

https://www.adt.com/crime?41.93388291368289,-87.44632778807924,10

https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/blog/25-most-dangerous-neighborhoods-2017

22 minutes ago, kallend said:

Well, that's OK then.  Nothing to see, move along please.

They arrested the guy.

Just like they would arrest a drunk driver.

Just like they would arrest someone that was stoned and driving.

Just like they would arrest a criminal for stabbing his wife.

21 hours ago, timski said:

I don't see the Canadian referencing this one! But I digress. 

Completely missed the point. If you did not have so many killing machines in so many hands you would not need weapons for protection .

(edited)
4 hours ago, gowlerk said:

Completely missed the point. If you did not have so many killing machines in so many hands you would not need weapons for protection .

Have you ever seen a government overreach and abuse its citizens after they have been disarmed?

Looks kinda like this: 

Edited by turtlespeed

On 5/4/2019 at 1:05 PM, timski said:

I don't see the Canadian referencing this one! But I digress. 

Lol, that's great. You post a video about how society is so violent you need to be armed to make it through, as a reason firearms are so great.

22 hours ago, gowlerk said:

In all fairness, it isn't the tools, Americans have clearly shown they are unable to deal with the responsibility. It would appear that Americans are pre-disposed to be murderous criminals. That is the only other option considering the firearms have nothing to do with it.

39 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

In all fairness, it isn't the tools, Americans have clearly shown they are unable to deal with the responsibility. It would appear that Americans are pre-disposed to be murderous criminals. That is the only other option considering the firearms have nothing to do with it.

Some - yes - that is why we have a justice system.

50 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Or vastly increase the number of immigrants we let in; they are less disposed to be murderous criminals.  A win-win!

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

Some - yes - that is why we have a justice system.

You put a LOT of faith in our justice system! You do understand the corruption with politicians and them funding the jail systems, right??? Tip of the iceberg as far as corruption go's, but you get the gist...