gowlerk

Paris Real Estate (Notre Dame fire)

Billy - take your pathetic pandering of a "Muslim conspiracy to burn it down" to another forum. You are on your last warning on this and anything else on this track will just have your accounts banned.

All reports from the Parisian fire department indicate this started in the attic of the nave while in the middle of major reconstruction. The number of workplace construction fires is astronomical due to things like sparks from cutting, tools and other items. The entire wooden roof with out a sprinkler system would have had the structure condemned if it was a commercial building instead of a house of worship. Those timbers were several hundred years old and were as dry as tinder so the slightest spark meant they were going to burn with out a way of stopping it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PhreeZone said:

Billy - take your pathetic pandering of a "Muslim conspiracy to burn it down" to another forum. You are on your last warning on this and anything else on this track will just have your accounts banned.

All reports from the Parisian fire department indicate this started in the attic of the nave while in the middle of major reconstruction. The number of workplace construction fires is astronomical due to things like sparks from cutting, tools and other items. The entire wooden roof with out a sprinkler system would have had the structure condemned if it was a commercial building instead of a house of worship. Those timbers were several hundred years old and were as dry as tinder so the slightest spark meant they were going to burn with out a way of stopping it.

Okay, I've given it some serious consideration. Since I can't promise to behave, I'm going to do you all a favor and bow out of this forum, forever. It's been a fun ride, but eventually, the ride ends somewhere. It does here. Have I been a pain in the ass to moderate? You bet your ass I have (see, even we agree on something). Have I made mistakes, hell yes. Do I regret some of the things I've said? Yes, but only with regards to a certain greenie whose husband wanted me to remind him to punch me in the fucking face. To those two, I apologize. I don't hold any grudges to anybody and I wish you all a good life.

I'm barely on here anymore anyway, so I'm at peace with my decision. Now, ban me permanently. I'm not giving you a choice. Not after this.

Blue Skies and fair winds. (Don't worry about me, I'm perfectly fine)

On 4/16/2019 at 12:59 PM, wolfriverjoe said:

Wow. What a logical, rational and grown up response.

Kind of a shame. 

It was a good example of the 'thought process' (or lack thereof) of the typical Trump supporter.

Especially the "blame the Muslims and the MSM is covering it up" garbage.

We will probably never definitively know what caused the fire - so its an exercise in futility to argue about intentional vs accident.

It is VERY suspicious since so many other churches have been vandalized and damaged throughout France and the rest of the world.  But it is just suspicion.  (A lot like the WTC catastrophe)

I do agree that haphazardly blaming an entire religion on the damage is a bit far reaching.

We have the fire chief in Paris stating that all evidence points to a short circuit. Is that definitive enough, or do you need a video of the short circuit to exonerate the “evil Muslim?”

”Innocent until proven guilty” is supposed to be an assumption in all cases, not just the ones where you, personally, can identify with the alleged perpetrator  

Wendy P. 

57 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Is that definitive enough,

I would like as much evidence as is possible to gather reasonably.  Until then, I will remain skeptical.

or do you need a video of the short circuit to exonerate the “evil Muslim?”

Wow.  The left does like to jump to their conclusions - I never said anything about Muslims - Although I can envision the possibility.  I also didn't say anything about the Westborough Baptist Church - But I can envision that possibility as well.

Are you telling that there is no suspicion in your mind that it may have been deliberately set?

There have been hundreds of vandalisms.

Granting absolution to anyone, just because it looks bad isn't the right answer.

”Innocent until proven guilty” is supposed to be an assumption in all cases, not just the ones where you, personally, can identify with the alleged perpetrator

5 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Are you telling that there is no suspicion in your mind that it may have been deliberately set?

There have been hundreds of vandalisms.

Granting absolution to anyone, just because it looks bad isn't the right answer.

Granting absolution to someone you suspected is the right answer - when they didn't do it.