3 3
JerryBaumchen

Hey Lisa, you out there?

1 minute ago, Rick said:

when life settles down some

If I were going to get a color other than Black; that blue would be the one. I looked at that long and hard. But, there's so much after-market shit I can buy already painted vivid black; that I went in that direction (again). Nice bike. OK Jerry & Lisa - you can have your Corvette thread back :)  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Robert,

Re:  'Less than a month . . . '

The first day that the Edsel went on sale, a buyer crashed one about 2-3 miles from my house.

C'est la vie,

Jerry Baumchen

First Hellcat Sold in Colorado Wrecked An Hour After Purchase

https://jalopnik.com/first-hellcat-sold-in-colorado-wrecked-an-hour-after-pu-1673994344

On 7/23/2019 at 8:27 AM, BIGUN said:

If I were going to get a color other than Black; that blue would be the one. I looked at that long and hard. But, there's so much after-market shit I can buy already painted vivid black; that I went in that direction (again). Nice bike. OK Jerry & Lisa - you can have your Corvette thread back :)  

No she can't.

You mentioned a 124".

Best Harley motor I've had so far...

image1.jpeg

IMG_2481.JPG

On 8/12/2019 at 8:46 AM, SethInMI said:

I like the c7 pic! The green paint looks great in the sun, and mt rushmore in the background says "this baby is on a road trip!"

Yes, this was such a limited color, (only 1057 ever made) and mine was a limited numbered edition  (#125  of 550).   Premiere Edition Vert.  Special VIN .

The color  changes in the light.  In hazy or at night  light it looks black.  In full sunlight it is bright green.  

On 8/11/2019 at 7:35 PM, normiss said:

No she can't.

You mentioned a 124".

Best Harley motor I've had so far

Made a pit stop back at home for a few days before doing the second half of the trip. I love the clean and sleek look of your pony. While the S&S may not be Harley - it is still American Made and everyone I know that's put one in their pony has liked them well. Interesting trip for one of my Military Club Brothers. He blew out a tire in Grand Junction and we stopped at the Harley Dealer to have a new one installed. By the time we got to Jackson Hole he couldn't take the wobbling at 80 (legal limit). Checked it out and the dealership balanced it and put new weights on it - but did not take the old weights off.

While in Bonners Ferry - well, you take your bike to the Tractor store or the Diesel shop for service. The diesel guy builds custom choppers and will only work on your bike after 5pm. So, one guy got a tire on his bike and the owner put balancing beads in the other guys tire (I was skeptical; but it ran great). 

Then we get to Butte, Montana and the same guy's air shock blows out. Had to spend a day waiting for the air shock to fly in so we could mount it. Couple of other clubs met us at the local watering hole and gave us a garage & tools to work on the next day. 

And his final good news for the trip was - We split up after the Cripple Creek Veterans Rally in Colorado. On the way home, my phone starts blowing up, so I know something is wrong and pull over to check it out. So, we got his tire fixed, his air shock fixed, and then I get this...

1384491969_gatorfire.JPG.0856790bdce6e83f018c0e44346527d3.JPG651556435_Gatorend.JPG.112e16925f44a7bea289dd6a8f1a4017.JPG 

Ugh!

When I was ~20 I bought an HD, then 2 of my buddies also bought HDs.

One night one of them was riding on an interstate with another guy he knew, when he felt heat on his legs. He looked  down to see flames coming off the engine and around his legs. He hopped up onto the seat on his knees, then while kneeling, used the front brake to slow down while steering toward the median. While still rolling, he bailed off into the median while the bike did a reenactment of the final scene of "Easy Rider".

definitely a new bike

that S&S of Normiss is freakin fast. I went riding with Mark and Chuck Blue. Chuck has the S & S 116 in his chopper and Mark has the 124 in his Iron Horse and there I was with my little ol  HD 103. Definitely had engine envy.