Shut Up and Take My Money!!!

https://spacesuitskydive.wordpress.com

pacificspaceflight.com (I read about these guys showing their stuff at the PIA Symposium in this month's issue of Parachutist)

And who'da thunk there would already be safety regs for commercial spaceflight in the Federal Register!? (see 14 CFR § 460.51)

Holy crap, it's really happening!

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, markharju said:

https://spacesuitskydive.wordpress.com

pacificspaceflight.com (I read about these guys showing their stuff at the PIA Symposium in this month's issue of Parachutist)

And who'da thunk there would already be safety regs for commercial spaceflight in the Federal Register!? (see 14 CFR § 460.51)

Holy crap, it's really happening!

Nice!  Only USD 10k!  I am totally getting one!  Anyone want to sponsor the rest of the $1,000,000 cost of flying me up to space??!!!  Lolol

5 minutes ago, Nataly said:

Nice!  Only USD 10k!  I am totally getting one!  Anyone want to sponsor the rest of the $1,000,000 cost of flying me up to space??!!!  Lolol

It doesn't necessarily have to be "Spaaaaaccceee!" - It can be up to or just above the Armstrong Limit (6.3kPa / 1psi, ~18-19km or ~59,000 - 62,000ft) (See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armstrong_limit). This could be doable for under US$1M in my opinion. Just sayin'...B|

BTW Allan Eustace's record for absolute altitude is going to be pretty much impossible to exceed, but of course he doesn't hold the freefall record...:D

It won't be that tough to break that record. Current air frame has the performance to take a person over 200,000 ft. So if you don't recover the air frame worst case you're looking at 1.25 mill to fly some one over 200,000 ft. With a recovery system that's another 80 lb's... haven't run the numbers. Not sure you could break 150 but you'd probable still top Eustace's record. That would be about then $400,000 including building the hammer head for the capsule. So not cheep but doable.

Yah, that's the same dilldo I talked to at PIA. Nice guy. I squeezed every bit of info I could out of him. My impression is that they have a long way to go. It wasn't that impressive. In his "demo" he had it pressurized up to like 1 psi. Not a real pressure. The "suit" that they have right now is not really functional. They don't seem to have tackled a lot of the real problems yet. All I saw was a really crude mock up with which they were doing a lot of self promotion in hopes of people giving them money. Not saying that I'm not interested. They seem to have a long way to go and they seem to be mostly focused on promotion.

Lee