2 2
vivaladav

Anti snag mount for YI action camera

You aren't going to find them for a one off camera unless you have someone make something custom.

Search on Facebook for Triple D on facebook. The guys name is Joe and he does 3d scanning and 3d printing. I just got some custom GoPro mounts from him for my FTP and they are excellent. You can tell him DougH mentioned him to you.

On 4/4/2019 at 9:14 PM, DougH said:

You aren't going to find them for a one off camera unless you have someone make something custom.

Search on Facebook for Triple D on facebook. The guys name is Joe and he does 3d scanning and 3d printing. I just got some custom GoPro mounts from him for my FTP and they are excellent. You can tell him DougH mentioned him to you.

Yeah, in the end I realized that...

I can't find your "Triple D" on FB, too many of them... but I found a guy at my DZ who is going to 3D print me something, so problem solved!

Thanks anyway!

On 4/6/2019 at 11:19 PM, dpreguy said:

Buy a Mohoc camera. Maybe it's called Mohawk - whatever. t's called  - it's about as snag proof as can be mfg.

Yes, it's MOHOC:)

The anti-snag shape is sleek, but for less of that money I can buy a GoPro Hero 7 (with way better specs) AND an anti-snag mount.

Thanks anyway!

On 4/4/2019 at 4:22 PM, vivaladav said:

Does anybody own or knows where to find an anti snag mount for a YI action camera?

Everything I find online is for GoPro only...

No, but there is chin mount called skyClip (with cutaway) and a way to attach YI to G3 or Phantom X/XV,...

• Like 1

(edited)
23 hours ago, jerolim said:

No, but there is chin mount called skyClip (with cutaway) and a way to attach YI to G3 or Phantom X/XV,...

This one, right?

It looks good, shame I don't use a G3... :(

EDIT: there is one for the Parasport Z1 (my helmet), now I am seriously considering this... Thank you!

Edited by vivaladav

(edited)
23 hours ago, vivaladav said:

This one, right?

It looks good, shame I don't use a G3... :(

EDIT: there is one for the Parasport Z1 (my helmet), now I am seriously considering this... Thank you!

Yes, that one. Only there is no backplate for YI. So one has to glue normal gopro mount on back of waterprof case, and remove one of 3 legs from bracket mount Adapter, that way you get skyclip compatible backplate.

Edited by jerolim