2 2
sjknell

Javelin Aurora

15 hours ago, JasonBresson said:

I just purchased one of these custom made for me. The sizing was built for somebody much shorter than me and had to be sent back for modifications. Leg straps are paper thin but it’s not likely that I’ll be doing any high pulls. Chest strap is up around my Adam’s apple but hasn’t crushed it yet. The pull is odd. I’ll get use to it but it’s not natural yet.

Having a freefly tab on a Wingsuit only rig seems a bit odd seeing how we point out the challenges of having one to new students. Still not a deal breaker. Just odd. 

I do like the adjustable laterals to be able to seat  the rig against your lower back to reduce the air gap. 

I do like having a skyhook again. 

Packing is about a 3 jump learning curve. Super easy. 

It is light weight

I’ll give this 3.75 stars out of 5. If it was a perfect fit I’d give it a 4.

Definitely not a must have for a Wingsuiter but I wouldn’t discourage someone from buying it.  

I think they expect you to buy a snatch. 

On 6/17/2019 at 2:24 PM, JasonBresson said:

Having a freefly tab on a Wingsuit only rig seems a bit odd seeing how we point out the challenges of having one to new students. Still not a deal breaker. Just odd. 

I have been jumping a freefly tab for 2-3 years now. Mine is very tight (because the PC is actually too big for my BOC) but even with being it more difficult to open, I do appreciate the peace of mind in steep and fast flights (especially jumping Sabre1 :) )

On 5/2/2019 at 4:31 AM, verticalflyer said:

I got my rigger to split the BOC into 2 with a simple stitch line and add a bridle cover, I can now select either a top BOC pouch or bottom, as I also was concerned about loos BOC. works nicely now, cost all of $20 and about 30 mins work, images attached, several friends have now made the mod also.

20170520_181614.jpg

Is that a water bottle stuffed in what looks to be a pouch on the side of your rig?

On 5/1/2019 at 1:29 PM, gunsmokex said:

It seriously only jumps 3 ft?!? Is that common on all Sunpath reserve PC's?

These are all JAVELIN containers in this video. BTW, the Javelin spring is 20 lbs strong. Vector, Mirage, and Infinity is more than 40 lbs.

Edited by skydiverek

On 12/23/2019 at 10:54 AM, skydiverek said:

These are all JAVELIN containers in this video. BTW, the Javelin spring is 20 lbs strong. Vector, Mirage, and Infinity is more than 40 lbs.

I feel it is important to add 2 additional comments on design differences so that people don't simply walk away with your 20lb vs 40lb statement.

1) The Javelin RPC doesn't need to push past all the flaps that Vector/Icon/Mirage etc do, making its job easier.

and

2) The Javelin RPC also stands taller than other RPC designs giving it launch benefits that I am not smart enough to quantify.

Edited by ChrisHoward