Johnkelley

When upsizing with a WS low bulk canopy, did you have to change deployment bags?

Disclaimer: This may be a dumb question, but I just want to be safe.

A few weeks ago I ordered an Epicene Pro 190 which should be here early/mid May. My current main is a Sabre 1 150, which will be replaced entirely by this canopy. For the Sabre 1, I use a fully stowless bag from Seamless Rigging and when packed nicely, fits in the bag perfectly. If packed sloppy, it's hard to get into the bag, but fits all the same in the end. I've also been told that a Sabre 1 is higher on the spectrum of pack volume per size (idk if this is true, just what I've heard).

Squirrel claims that the Epicene Pro packs about two sizes smaller than a normal ZP canopy, so an Epicene Pro 190 should fit into my container that holds a Sabre 1 150. But my question is, will it also fit into the same deployment bag? Or will I need a slightly larger bag? I realize this is probably a dumb question, but I just want to be safe and not sitting on the ground when my gear arrives because it doesn't fit properly.

If anyone was wondering, I messaged Squirrel and they offered to send me an Epicene Pro 190 to try and pack it to see how it would fit. If it didn't fit, they said they would help me out one way or another. Luckily, my friend had an Epicene Pro 190 delivered just the other day that he let me pack.

The Epicene Pro 190 packed into the same deployment bag as my Sabre 1 150, and packed almost the same volume, if not slightly smaller. So yes, it an Epicene Pro packs about 2 sizes smaller than a normal ZP canopy, and does not require changing deployment bags to do so.