3 3
brenthutch

Green new deal equals magical thinking

4 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

As opposed to Ken who is thinking: "He got Joe, again. What a dumb ass."

Really, we are resorting to name calling?  That is OK, you are on the right (or should I say left) side of the moderators.  I just find it telling that many of the prescriptions the warmists were advocating, (high population density, public transportation, reusable grocery bags, ride sharing of  bikes and cars) are now killing people.  Folks are trapped like rats in a cage.  My brother-in-law has a business in the Outer Banks, he says the bridges are now closed to prevent COVID19 from getting in, yet New Yorkers of means, desperate to escape NYC, are actually trying to smuggle themselves in via boat, and by hiding in delivery trucks, desperately trying to make it to their summer residences. You guys make fun of us, but I would rather depend on my own skills, preparation and knowledge then to place my life in the hands of Bill de Blasio. 

58 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Really, we are resorting to name calling?  That is OK, you are on the right (or should I say left) side of the moderators.  I just find it telling that many of the prescriptions the warmists were advocating, (high population density, public transportation, reusable grocery bags, ride sharing of  bikes and cars) are now killing people.  Folks are trapped like rats in a cage.  My brother-in-law has a business in the Outer Banks, he says the bridges are now closed to prevent COVID19 from getting in, yet New Yorkers of means, desperate to escape NYC, are actually trying to smuggle themselves in via boat, and by hiding in delivery trucks, desperately trying to make it to their summer residences. You guys make fun of us, but I would rather depend on my own skills, preparation and knowledge then to place my life in the hands of Bill de Blasio. 

Reading comprehension, yo. I even edited to make clear I was the dumb ass. 

11 hours ago, brenthutch said:

You guys make fun of us, but I would rather depend on my own skills, preparation and knowledge then to place my life in the hands of Bill de Blasio. 

We make fun of the absurd idea that we should all be taking matters into our own hands based on our own opinions of our Mad Skilz. 

We also find it humorous that some might enjoy the amazing benefits of organized society decade after decade, including spending two decades in the the societies military to learn some mad skilz and get a pension, but insist on picking and choosing or opting out if any little thing tweeks their noses out of joint.

(edited)
12 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

We make fun of the absurd idea that we should all be taking matters into our own hands based on our own opinions of our Mad Skilz. 

I prefer Furious Capabilities.

BTW, the camping trip I took with the kids, yielded more ticks than hours we were in the bush.

60201143-91F2-493B-87A8-D8FF793A9957.jpeg

Edited by brenthutch

(edited)
1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

I prefer Furious Capabilities.

BTW, the camping trip I took with the kids, yielded more ticks than hours we were in the bush.

In Georgia, it would be chiggers for sure.

Right now, you need to be careful about ticks, unless you like Corona with Lyme.

Edited by headoverheels
  • Like 2

(edited)
41 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Let me guess, this is how you imagine Canadiens live.

Done be ridiculous, everyone knows that Canadiens live in Quinzees 

BTW we were only about halfway done, we took a break for lunch.

Edited by brenthutch

19 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk11vI-7czE

Michael Moore's epic takedown of "renewable" energy.

If both Michael Moore and I agree* that you are wrong, you are mighty mighty wrong. 

*Only as it pertains to "green" energy.

I'll be honest, I'm not going to watch that, Michael Moore is annoying.  There is a mountain of material available to him for calling out "green" hypocrisy.  

(edited)
1 hour ago, DJL said:

I'll be honest, I'm not going to watch that, Michael Moore is annoying.  There is a mountain of material available to him for calling out "green" hypocrisy.  

I get it. It is  uncomfortable when your belief system is undermined with facts.  The only way to deal with it, is to not deal with it. 

BTW Moore doesn't narrate or appear in the film.  It was written, directed and produced by Jeff Gibbs

Edited by brenthutch

5 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I get it. It is  uncomfortable when your belief system is undermined with facts.  The only way to deal with it, is to not deal with it. 

BTW Moore doesn't narrate or appear in the film 

If it makes you feel better I'll watch it.   My belief system has an inclusion that there's a LOT of bullshit in the "Green" world like mountaintop removal for wind power, inadequate energy storage capacity, BioFuel (Don't get me started), and the imbued energy in things like concrete and steel.  It's very easy to film an hour and 15 minutes of the worst case issues, I already know several of them and have been to several of the locations in VT where they're putting in windmills.

On 6/7/2019 at 10:36 AM, brenthutch said:

In a few days NOAA will publish the global temperature.  I am breaking out my sous vide machine to prepare the crow that I will be serving.  

While we're talking about the comfort of one's belief system we're about at the one year anniversary of you pointing to what has become a regular check-in for me regarding rising global temperatures.  You were trying to make a point that the NOAA temperature data would not show a rise in temperature.  Unfortunately it did and then it continued to do so as we extended through the third hottest year in modern recorded history which by the end of the year was the 2nd hottest year.  Now a year later we've already beat that record as we've STARTED as the 2nd hottest year and are on track to become the hottest ever.

My question is whether that crow is still in the sous vide.  It must be DAMN tender by now and cooked up with the facts you presented.

(edited)

When you are talking about a four way tie for the warmest blah blah blah ever, by a few hundredths of a degree (within the margin of error) I call that a big nothing burger.  Since last year was second warmest it means that it is COOLER than the warmest.  So my prediction stands.  2019 showed cooling. 

BTW did you check out the flick?

Edited by brenthutch

4 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

When you are talking about a four way tie for the warmest blah blah blah ever, by a few hundredths of a degree (within the margin of error) I call that a big nothing burger.  Since last year was second warmest it means that it is COOLER than the warmest.  So my prediction stands.  2019 showed cooling. 

BTW did you check out the flick?

Haven't had time yet.  Work....   But, now be honest, did you?  Did you really spend an hour and fifteen on a Michael Moore video?

Anyway, you were the one who cited NOAA data as proof.  So is it or isn't it?  You're trying to simultaneously say it's not proof of appreciable warming but IS of appreciable cooling.  Either way, 2019 showed WARMING because it started in third place and ended up in 2nd.

I watched half then posted.  Thought better of it and then watched the rest.  The first part is pretty good the last part descends into a screed on capitalism. BTW it snowed here last night.  It is hard for me to get worked up by global warming when my magnolia blooms were killed by a late season hard frost.   

(edited)
9 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I watched half then posted.  Thought better of it and then watched the rest.  The first part is pretty good the last part descends into a screed on capitalism. BTW it snowed here last night.  It is hard for me to get worked up by global warming when my magnolia blooms were killed by a late season hard frost.   

When the weather is affected by climate changes, you will get that more often.  The weather will trend more toward what we would consider the extremes.

Seasonal stability will get more and more unreliable.

Maybe think of it as you would heart disease.

Early onset has few symptoms, but as time progresses, the effects can be felt more and more.

Denying the heart disease is futile.  You'll understand it's reality eventually . . . One way or another.  

Edited by turtlespeed