3 3
brenthutch

Green new deal equals magical thinking

42 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Climate driven population movement is happening NOW.  Prompted by the need to live in a more suitable climate, folks are fleeing the hostile climate of the north with AK, IL and NY leading the way and flooding into states with a more suitable climate, like FL + 1,025,261 TX + 944,018 NC + 327,631 AZ + 278,290

(these numbers reflect movement within the US and do not reflect indigenous population growth or immigration)

I hope they move to Sought Florida....err.....the NEW Coast!

Climate driven population movement is happening NOW.  Prompted by the need to live in a more suitable climate, folks are fleeing the hostile climate of the north with AK, IL and NY leading the way and flooding into states with a more suitable climate, like FL + 1,025,261 TX + 944,018 NC + 327,631 AZ + 278,290

(these numbers reflect movement within the US and do not reflect indigenous population growth or immigration)

I hope they move to Sought Florida....err.....the NEW Coast!

6 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Miami is sinking more than the sea level is rising.

For the most part. no.  The big buildings in Miami have foundations that go to the limestone beneath the sand.  Those aren't sinking one bit.  Neither are the roads that have been there for decades.  The only reason those areas are seeing more flooding now is sea level rise (3 inches since 1992 - and accelerating)

Housing developments sited on recently filled mangrove swamps ARE settling, and will do so for years.  But that's true of any development in a wet area, not just Florida.

4 minutes ago, billvon said:

For the most part. no.  The big buildings in Miami have foundations that go to the limestone beneath the sand.  Those aren't sinking one bit.  Neither are the roads that have been there for decades.  The only reason those areas are seeing more flooding now is sea level rise (3 inches since 1992 - and accelerating)

Housing developments sited on recently filled mangrove swamps ARE settling, and will do so for years.  But that's true of any development in a wet area, not just Florida.

Which means you understand what and how this is happening.

8 hours ago, billvon said:

Thank you Bill for adding detail to my statement 

California Drought Is Made Worse by Global Warming, Scientists Say

What they did NOT say was that RECORD BREAKING GLOBAL HEAT!!!, would result in full reservoirs and record breaking lack of drought.

The caveats hidden away within the article are what I have been saying for the last fifteen years.

46 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

What they did NOT say was that RECORD BREAKING GLOBAL HEAT!!!, would result in full reservoirs and record breaking lack of drought.

The caveats hidden away within the article are what I have been saying for the last fifteen years.

"Record breaking lack of drought?"  Are you taking classes from RushMC?
The paper explained that California would have longer and more severe droughts - not that droughts would last forever.  It also predicted that the drought would end soon, and that planning was important "even if wet conditions soon end the current drought in CA."

Sounds like it was dead on.  Again, read before posting.

1 hour ago, DJL said:

I think these articles are running into the "too dumb to argue with" category.  This is blatant trolling.

Just for fun I looked up Iowa Climate Science Education on a media bias reference site.

==========================================

Home » Iowa Climate Science Education

Iowa Climate Science Education

con3.png?resize=662%2C41&ssl=1pseudo5.png?resize=662%2C41&ssl=1

CONSPIRACY-PSEUDOSCIENCE

Sources in the Conspiracy-Pseudoscience category may publish unverifiable information that is not always supported by evidence. These sources may be untrustworthy for credible/verifiable information, therefore fact checking and further investigation is recommended on a per article basis when obtaining information from these sources. See all Conspiracy-Pseudoscience sources.

Factual Reporting: LOW

History

According to their about page Iowa Climate Science Education states:”The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), created to find and disseminate research finding a human impact on global climate, is not a credible source. It is agenda-driven, a political rather than scientific body, and some allege it is corrupt. Finally, climate scientists, like all humans, can be biased. Origins of bias include careerism, grant-seeking, political views, and confirmation bias."

Like most questionable sources there isn’t any contact information or names associated with the website. A whois search indicates the domain is registered privately.

Funded by / Ownership

Iowa Climate Science Education does not disclose ownership. Funding is also unknown as there does not appear to be any advertising. Somebody is paying the bills, but we do not know who it is. Red flag.

Analysis / Bias

In review, Iowa Climate Science Education is a climate denial website that utilizes very poor sources to prove that humans have minimal impact on climate change. For example, in this article: Doom Arrives For Arctic Alarmists, they source the Deplorable Science Blog, which is not a peer reviewed publication. In another article they source a website called Ice Age Now, which purports to show the earth is cooling. This is not the consensus of science.

Overall, this a quackery level pseudoscience website that has zero credibility regarding climate science. (D. Van Zandt 7/30/2018)

Source: https://iowaclimate.org

===============================================

19 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Are you claiming, the articles from the NY and LA times, San Francisco Chronicle and Wired are faked?  I didn’t see much editorializing, it was pretty much cut and paste.

No, what they are claiming is that you are either not reading or understanding them.

Or in the worst case, that you are just deliberately trolling.

What nuance am I missing in the headline “California Braces for Unending Drought”

I just read a current article on a warmist website claiming the West is in the throws of a 1500 year MEGA DROUGHT.  How can anyone take this seriously when the predictions and hyperbole are soooo at odds with objective reality.

What nuance am I missing in the headline “California Braces for Unending Drought”

I just read a current article on a warmist website claiming the West is in the throws of a 1500 year MEGA DROUGHT.  How can anyone take this seriously when the predictions and hyperbole are soooo at odds with objective reality.

Hard to answer, based on your recent posting history my first question would be if you are accurately representing what was written in the article.