tommi95

3D printed Camera Mounts?

Hi there,

I´m searching for a camera mount for my cookie G3 and I wondererd if there are any selfmade solutions with 3D print technology?

GrellFab seems to have the same idea (  https://grellfab.com/product/gf1003/  ), but the price is quite ridiculous IMHO...

Blue Skies

Thomas

I got one (chin mount) for my Cookie G3 from a garage manufacturer in Sacndinavia. It was (iirc) ~$25 shipped. https://goo.gl/images/VGZD1Q (Youtube link). It was a bitch to mount, but IMO it's a lot safer than the "Teletubby" (top of helmet) mount one sees so often. It seems to me that having a GoPro on the chin with a chop handle is much safer than Teletubby-style without a chop handle. At least it's visible. On top of your helmet...nope.

Edited by markharju
addendum
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, tommi95 said:

exactly what i was searching for...

thank you!

go to chinmount.com

The guy makes really high quality parts. The design is well thought out. I had to get one with a greater possible angle "upwards" than normal. Apparently I fly with my head tilted down more than others.

Edited by sundevil777

3 hours ago, sundevil777 said:

go to chinmount.com

The guy makes really high quality parts. The design is well thought out. I had to get one with a greater possible angle "upwards" than normal. Apparently I fly with my head tilted down more than others.

I think keeping this earlier thread going would be better:

A thread I started about chinmount alterrnatives

Edited by sundevil777