Cantoral

Sigma/Icarus/A2 mains

Sigma/Icarus/A2 mains

I did a search but I only found old topics regarding differences of performance between these mains.

I'm looking for opinions from instructors/DZOs that had real experience with the 3 models, Pros & Cons. Openings/flight/flare.

Thanks in advance 

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 7:18 AM, file said:

Jumped all of them. HOP330, or even better HOP300!! Sigma is also good, but other two can't even compare with it on any level. Personal opinion

It's been a while but my opinion is Hop plus turbulence equals death. 6ooo jumps on Icarus and they are bullet proof - bullet proof. Can't comment on the others cause I haven't jumped them.  

On 4/15/2019 at 1:51 PM, douwanto said:

sigma 340 is the most stable tandem canopy out there. 

I tend to agree with you.

I grab the Strong with a SET366 first because the majority of my tandem jumps have been on that exact setup, but I really like the Sigma 340 and that would always be my second choice.

I don't like the A2's, I think they fly lousy in turbulence and I don't like the way they are prone to go through very pronounced unintended flight cycles. Too flat for my liking, and I think that is what contributes to the flight characteristics that I don't like.