RockSkyGirl

Searching for posts

Whenever an internet search suggests forum posts for the source of searched information, any links clicked go to the main page which lists all the forums rather than to the specific post Google suggests. Even if I type the link in directly, dropzone.com erases it and takes me instead to the main forums page. In addition, the site's own Search feature doesn't seem to give a way to search the forums at all, let alone search a specific one. So I can't figure out how to get to any specific post save going to the forum it's in and scrolling and scrolling through hundreds of posts until I find it. This was not an issue until you all changed the site's format. Is this something you're working on fixing?  

40 minutes ago, RockSkyGirl said:

Whenever an internet search suggests forum posts for the source of searched information, any links clicked go to the main page which lists all the forums rather than to the specific post Google suggests. Even if I type the link in directly, dropzone.com erases it and takes me instead to the main forums page. In addition, the site's own Search feature doesn't seem to give a way to search the forums at all, let alone search a specific one. So I can't figure out how to get to any specific post save going to the forum it's in and scrolling and scrolling through hundreds of posts until I find it. This was not an issue until you all changed the site's format. Is this something you're working on fixing?  

Hey there, this is due to old Google results from the old website. With time Google will need to reindex all the forums again to get the new URLs (this may take a couple months). So it's more a Google crawling issue, but with that said we've tried to implement 301 redirects on our URLs to the relevant pages. 

Could you post a link from Google as an example so I can investigate further and confirm?