ghostdog

Why should I try different drop zones?

Question

I'm a few jumps away from my A license.

Why should I go and try other drop zones and what should I do there in the first jump in a new drop zone?

2 answers to this question

To experience different experiences in jump aircraft, skydiving disciplines,  jump procedures and landing areas. At a new DZ get a briefing when you fill out your waiver and get a lay of the land including  aircraft boarding & exit procedures, landing areas and outs, canopy traffic patterns. Make your first jump(s) simple (or just solo) to get a feel of the area and get comfortable. IMHO :)

Edited by fastfaller2
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, fastfaller2 said:

To experience different experiences in jump aircraft, skydiving disciplines,  jump procedures and landing areas. At a new DZ get a briefing when you fill out your waiver and get a lay of the land including  aircraft boarding & exit procedures, landing areas and outs, canopy traffic patterns. Make your first jump(s) simple (or just solo) to get a feel of the area and get comfortable. IMHO :)

I want to see what happens if I quote someone. Is this still an answer? 

[EDIT] it is its own answer. Hmm. not quite like StackOverflow, where each answer (and the question) becomes its own comment history (like a FB post). So I can comment on answers or the question and not create additional "answers".  If that is available, that would help.

Edited by SethInMI