1 1
airricks

Certificate numbers

For anyone that has multiple FAA certificates, can you tell me if the certificate number is the same for all, or are they separate?  I've had a private pilot certificate for 10 years or so and just recently got my rigger certificate (I still only have the temporary airman certificate).  Will my certificate number for the rigger certificate be the same or will there be a separate number?  I'm just curious if I can sign with my existing certificate number, rather than "pending" in the meantime.  Thanks for any info!

DPRE here.

The FAA uses a single number for all your certificates.

On your 8610-2 Rating Application, there is a block that asks if you have ever held an FAA airman certificate.  If you have a pilot license, you have an airman certificate, and you should have checked the "yes" box.

Your temporary rigger certificate should have your FAA number in the top right corner.  If it says "pending," your DPRE may have just been on autopilot and missed that you already have a number.  You should contact your DPRE to make sure a correction goes forward. 

--Mark

Edited by mark

6 hours ago, mark said:

DPRE here.

The FAA uses a single number for all your certificates.

On your 8610-2 Rating Application, there is a block that asks if you have ever held an FAA airman certificate.  If you have a pilot license, you have an airman certificate, and you should have checked the "yes" box.

Your temporary rigger certificate should have your FAA number in the top right corner.  If it says "pending," your DPRE may have just been on autopilot and missed that you already have a number.  You should contact your DPRE to make sure a correction goes forward. 

--Mark

Hey Mark - It's Eric, I was in Dave's course that you were at.  My 8610 does says yes to Airman certificate, but my temporary certificate Dave gave me shows pending for certificate number.  So contact Dave?

5 minutes ago, airricks said:

Hey Mark - It's Eric, I was in Dave's course that you were at.  My 8610 does says yes to Airman certificate, but my temporary certificate Dave gave me shows pending for certificate number.  So contact Dave?

Yes.

Also, I'm not Mark Lancaster ("MEL" here on dz.com).

--Mark