1 1
kallend

Election fraud does exist

And it's the GOP doing it.

The Republican candidate for a North Carolina congressional seat said that a new election should occur after he was confronted with evidence that his campaign underwrote an illegal get-out-the-vote effort

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/02/21/federal-election-will-be-rerun-because-fraud-republicans-arent-talking-about-it-much/?utm_term=.7df575c5a84d

Yet he seems to be the only ignorant voter in the entire electoral district. Who didn't know the man he hired was known for doing precisely that. Mark Harris(GOP candidate) claimed ignorance despite sworn testimony contrary to that from his own son. Just another lying, crooked politician who should be locked up.

"As a Southern Baptist minister for over three decades, Mark Harris has delivered thousands of sermons, spoken at countless Christian rallies and helped lead a statewide campaign in defense of traditional marriage.

Now, as a candidate for Congress, the Charlotte Republican has found himself under fire for past comments, particularly about women and gay people.

National news outlets published excerpts from sermons in 2013 and 2014 in which he called on women to “submit” to their husbands. A liberal website posted a video of him declaring that America is “floundering in moral decay.” In an interview, his opponent, Democrat Dan McCready, attacked what he calls Harris’ “backward views.”

Harris, 55, calls such criticism a distraction

Above from Critics find fodder in NC candidate’s sermons on women. He calls it a distraction.

So this hero of the Christian right, a Minister in the same church for thirty years. Talks about the moral decay of America. Then engages in perjury, subordination of perjury, election fraud. Republicans applaud as does the christian right. Sounds about right.

Edited by Phil1111

2 minutes ago, kallend said:

Where are all the Republican defenders of our electoral integrity?
They are all over imagined registration issues, but in a clear cut case of proven, deliberate, illegal election tampering we hear not even a whisper from them.

It's the trump party now. The last republican leader, a hero, died August 25, 2018. The first challenger to trump will start a rebirth of the republican party.

• Like 1

For years Republicans have been trying to justify their blatant efforts to suppress the votes of minorities and Democrats by arguing rampant voter fraud – and never being able to prove it (remember Trump’s trumped-up Kobach commission?).

Now we have absolute proof of Republican election fraud.

23 hours ago, lummy said:

I know I know.... Hillary did it first

Kind of jumping the gun. there.  The approved progression is:

1) There's no election fraud!  Fake news!

2) OK maybe there's election fraud but it's not a big deal.

Only then can you jump to 3) Clinton did it first.

• Like 2

The guy who did the "harvesting" of ballots should go to prison for some serious time. There was a women around Raleigh I think, who was sentenced to 9 months in jail for helping her boyfriend vote when he was not eligible to vote. Dowlass (sp) has been under investigation for several years for the same type of behavior. When NC passed the Voter ID law, they declined or refused to address the issue of absentee and mail in ballots. Only voting in person. And now the voter ID law has been stopped because of the gerrymandered districts that a judge said were illegal so the entire legislative assembly is being called into question.

On 2/23/2019 at 11:46 AM, Niki1 said:

The guy who did the "harvesting" of ballots should go to prison for some serious time. There was a women around Raleigh I think, who was sentenced to 9 months in jail for helping her boyfriend vote when he was not eligible to vote. Dowlass (sp) has been under investigation for several years for the same type of behavior. When NC passed the Voter ID law, they declined or refused to address the issue of absentee and mail in ballots. Only voting in person. And now the voter ID law has been stopped because of the gerrymandered districts that a judge said were illegal so the entire legislative assembly is being called into question.

9 Months is nothing. They sent a lady to prison for 5 years because she didn't realize she wasn't allowed to vote while on parole.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ryoder said:

I feel I owe the GOP an apology;

After all these years of dismissing their claims of voter fraud, now it is revealed it really exists.

Not really.

This is the first case I've heard of. 

All of their previous claims were...

Bullshit. 
There was no (or very, very little) fraud until recently.

And yes, I know your post was at least somewhat tongue in cheek. 

On 2/25/2019 at 11:38 AM, wolfriverjoe said:

Not really.

This is the first case I've heard of. 

All of their previous claims were...

Bullshit. 
There was no (or very, very little) fraud until recently.

And yes, I know your post was at least somewhat tongue in cheek. 

After years of election fraud complaints in rural North Carolina, a congressional vote dissolves into scandal

"In the run-up to the Nov. 6 general election, North Carolina officials were so concerned about ballot fraud in Bladen County that they sent letters to every voter who requested a mail-in absentee ballot, warning them not to hand it over to someone who might knock on their door.

"Only you or your near relative or legal guardian can mail or deliver your ballot to the elections office," the State Board of Elections and Ethics Enforcement reminded Bladen County voters. "Has someone else tried to take your ballot?”...

Some Democratic voters in this predominantly rural area of 33,000 residents have complained that they handed their ballots — sometimes partially filled out and unsealed — to a person who knocked on their door, only to learn their votes were never submitted.

Part of the reason they were willing to hand over the ballots, some said, was because groups on both sides of the political aisle have long operated door-to-door campaigns to walk the city streets and collect absentee ballots before election day....

“Bladen County has a troubled history of political groups exploiting the use of absentee ballots in an effort to skew support for a specific candidate or group of candidates,” Jon David, district attorney for Bladen, Brunswick and Columbus counties, wrote in a January letter to the interim assistant director of the State Bureau of Investigation. “These groups package the anticipated ability to garner absentee ballots as a commodity to be brokered.”

Thankfully, not common but I'll pose the question. Is gerrymandering not election fraud as well? Because that practice is widespread.

Edited by Phil1111

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 5:13 PM, kallend said:

And it's the GOP doing it.

Hi John,

'investigation into election fraud in a North Carolina congressional race won't be a candidate'

Looks like he can read the writing on the wall:  https://www.npr.org/2019/02/26/698265649/n-c-republican-at-center-of-election-fraud-case-wont-run-in-special-election

Jerry Baumchen