2 2
gowlerk

Vigil service delays

I have a customer who sent her Vigil into Vigil America in DeLand for PSB-02-2018 and a battery change. They received it Jan 2/2019. As of today, Feb. 21/2019 they are telling her it is in Belgium, they can't give her a return date, and they can't do anything about it because they are very busy with the PSB and 10 year units needing batteries. Can you say poor planning? They had to know that thousands of units were coming up on 10 years. She needs the unit for an event and is quite unhappy. Anyone out there who is waiting till the season gets closer before they send one in better think again.

Is anyone else out there experiencing this problem?

I have been in contact with VIGIL. Apparently, this is their busiest time. They are aware of delays in unit turnaround. They are estimating  3-4 weeks turnaround times. One should get an email as soon as the unit is received. If no initial email is received, or no contact is made in 3-4 weeks, they suggest contacting them directly, during business hours. They promised to personally contact the owner if a problem developed. They responded to me personally within 24 hours.

They seemed genuinely willing to help. Their contact info is:

Vigil America Deland FL

www.Vigil.aero

386-736-8464

Paul Gholson

I dropped mine off at Vigil Belgium (I live 15 minutes away) on Feb 1st for it's 10y service. Was told it would take "a few weeks" (instead of the  ~8days mentioned on the RMA documentation) because they were so busy. Haven't heard anything yet... I hope to hear something in the next week or 2 since my new rig will be here soon.