Gentryb

Microraven 150 reserve pack volume?

Before ensuring it fits, ensure that you are not going above a 1:1 wing loading.   

This is not like a modern main parachute that flies well when loaded, anything above a 1:1 loading will result in a very sudden stall characteristic.

As to the sizing that all depends on which size you have.    https://rigginginnovations.com/sites/default/files/PIA Canopy Volume.pdf will show pack volumes.

5 minutes ago, Gentryb said:

I’ve looked all over for info on the microravens and can’t find anything. Need a reserve for my new rig and has to be below a 300cu.in pack volume. Found a cheap microraven and just want to make sure it fits before I buy it.

You can't find information because they are obsolete. There is a reason they are cheap, if you weigh more than about 150 lbs before gearing up, or say about 170 out the door, you should not use a micro Raven 150. They are not designed or rated for more than that. Now that I've warned you...... The charts I have indicate the pack volume for it would range from 325 to 350 cu in. depending on the type of lines it has.

17 hours ago, sundevil777 said:

Don't buy it, they have a bad reputation for stalling suddenly on landing. That reputation seems to be well deserved. Pass and move on...

I agree...I've witnessed and heard about hard landings and one that blew up on deployment. There was a service bulletin in the 2000ish timeframe concerning bar tack failures. There was also a lawsuit with another incident.

I had two MR150s many years ago. Glad I never had to use them. I replaced them with PD-143Rs.

Don't go cheap on your last chance. Get a PDR or Optimum...you'll be ecstatic if you have to use it...

56 minutes ago, cjdskydiver said:

I agree...I've witnessed and heard about hard landings and one that blew up on deployment. There was a service bulletin in the 2000ish timeframe concerning bar tack failures.

One needs some context there.

1. The bar tack failures, that situation was fixed about 19 years ago, and only applied to certain models. (Mind you, a fixed one is probably not as good as one that didn't need the fix.)

2. The blowing up stuff, that happened at freefly speeds to particularly heavy jumpers. Ok, I don't recall if the weights were above the certified level or just the recommended level.  Nobody will argue that a Raven is as strong as a PD, nor do Ravens have the spanwise reinforcements. Still, it isn't something that happens generally.

I wouldn't pick a Raven for a high use freefly rig, but wouldn't have any issue with one being in a general purpose rig, as long as it isn't too heavily loaded.