1 1
rugbyfan89

opinions for a cherry jumper

22 hours ago, meat.missile said:

That is a blatant misrepresentation of what I said throughout many posts.

As for your extremely pointed question, I have heard of issues with sub-terminal unstable reserve deployments (the issue) happening on a fully covered RPC and it happen to me on a javelin (granted I was in a wingsuit). Neither of these incidents required extracting it by hand but it did require flipping to belly before the reserve was extracted.

And how so....

On 2/21/2019 at 8:37 AM, meat.missile said:
And other rigs have jumpers deploying unstable and do attract the same result.

Long story short, get a MARD to deal with low speed unstable reserve deployments.

On 2/21/2019 at 8:56 AM, meat.missile said:
As seen Wings gets a lot of hate from people that aren't up to speed. Everything they said as a rigger is valid. The issues with the reserve pilot chute has long been fixed.

On 2/22/2019 at 12:27 PM, meat.missile said:
The new RPC is of a different design than the previous one. There was no service bulletin because there is no requirement to change it. How long ago was the issue you had at your DZ? I have seen one video of a RPC in tow when the jumper was belly to earth and that video is 10 or so years old with a subterminal deployment on a 250sqft ish reserve.

So I merely condensed what you had said.   Its fine that is your opinion and the OP asked for opinion.  It just mine differs from yours and my experience with the manufacturer was sadly lacking.  Ive dealt with them a couple of times on issue and had similar experiences.

That said, I repack Wings just as I do with any rig brought to me.  If the customer likes them then that is down to them.

44 minutes ago, skytribe said:

So I merely condensed what you had said.

Condensing it in the way you did removed context and caused what I originally said to be misrepresented. I'm not saying you did it on purpose, it just happens sometimes.

I hope you update your opinion with the new information that the RPC has been revised. I also hope you recognize that reserve deployments while back to earth are not an issue reserved to wings.

18 minutes ago, meat.missile said:

Condensing it in the way you did removed context and caused what I originally said to be misrepresented. I'm not saying you did it on purpose, it just happens sometimes.

I hope you update your opinion with the new information that the RPC has been revised. I also hope you recognize that reserve deployments while back to earth are not an issue reserved to wings.

You did call it a "blatant" misrepresentation.   That was summarizing a whole host of posts but I think we just differ. 

I think people often support the gear manufacturers they purchase from.  It's natural that you want to think you made a good decision.   All products have issues at some point but that doesn't mean that because you have not experienced the problem it is not real.   

Disregarding the issue that the problem still exists and has been fixed when clearly older equipment is still out there with the older RPC in my book doesn't mean its fixed.  For you with a newer rig with later design may mean that it is fixed.     The fact it may happen on other rigs, doesn't negate it has happened a number of times on Wings that have been brought up in public forums.    I don;t think their are more wings containers out there than UPT or Sunpath rigs but don't hear many stories of manually deploying freebag out the container.   The fact a MARD may reduce down the risk is good - but introduces a different set of problems and Sunrise don't even equip their containers with RSL as standard like almost every other manufacturer.  A Mard would probably help in most circumstances but an RSL would also help in many and hence this is why it has become standard equipment on almost every other container.

I think there is more to this than the RPC - albiet the redesign probably does help.   As to the company's way of handling this.   I still feel they are being opaque in terms of getting the information out there which is to the detriment of there customers.   Do they legally have to do it ? No.   But I think that letting customers know of the problem and product improvement is definitely a good thing to do morally.     Is there even a link somewhere on their website even letting you know that there is a product Improvement.    

My personal dealings with them have been less than stellar and nowhere near as good as those dealing with UPT, Sunpath, Infinity, and RI who have been super responsive to issues.   

You did call it a "blatant" misrepresentation.   That was summarizing a whole host of posts but I think we just differ

I meant that it was obvious, but we can move past that.

I don;t think their are more wings containers out there than UPT or Sunpath rigs but don't hear many stories of manually deploying freebag out the container.

You are really caught up on the "manual extraction" while you keep ignoring that fact that these jumpers were sub-terminal and on their backs. That is very important.

18 hours ago, meat.missile said:

You are really caught up on the "manual extraction" while you keep ignoring that fact that these jumpers were sub-terminal and on their backs. That is very important.

I am as i think unstable cutaways do happen quite a lot.   Cutaways will very commonly be subterminal and pilot chutes fully inflated the fact that a manual tug pulls it out of container and subsequent deployment proceeds leads me to believe it is more than just the rpc design.

And you forgot to say im hung up on customer support.   Yes i am and Sunrise were sadly lacking in my dealings with them.

(edited)
3 hours ago, skytribe said:

I am as i think unstable cutaways do happen quite a lot.   Cutaways will very commonly be subterminal and pilot chutes fully inflated the fact that a manual tug pulls it out of container and subsequent deployment proceeds leads me to believe it is more than just the rpc design.

That's my point. That's why your issue has no basis with just wings. It is a general issue.

Edited by meat.missile
clarity

Ive been around 30 years in the sport and the only rig ive seen personal reports of this occuring and met a couple of people who its happened to jumped a wings.    

14 cutaways personally and never experienced anything like this.  Ive had cutaways on 5 different container types.  All except 1 were subterminal.  

You just cant appreciate the different view and confuse it with hate for wings.

On 3/1/2019 at 1:08 PM, skytribe said:

Ive been around 30 years in the sport and the only rig ive seen personal reports of this occuring and met a couple of people who its happened to jumped a wings.    

14 cutaways personally and never experienced anything like this.  Ive had cutaways on 5 different container types.  All except 1 were subterminal.  

You just cant appreciate the different view and confuse it with hate for wings.

Well add javelin and infinity too your list.