1 1
liloz

Veterans Skydive For Life

I started an organization called Veterans Skydive For Life in May of 2018.  There is an article from the start of the idea back in 2016.  There is a link to that article at the bottom of this post.  I am looking for the support of Skydivers and Drop Zones.  The goal of the group is to prevent future Veteran Suicides.  When I went on the ride in 2016 Veteran Suicide was at 22 per day currently it is at 20 per day.  That is over 7000 men and women that chose to take their own life.  One of the goals of the organization is to reach 20,000 people on Facebook asking them to like and follow the page.  If you can check out the page and if you like what we are doing please like and follow the page.  Share it with as many others as possible and ask them to do the same.  We are currently at 1660 followers so we have a long way to go.  
  We have shirts for sale and the money will be used to put on a skydive event at different drop zones where we take and introduce local Veterans to their local drop zone and hopefully take them skydiving.  The goal is to give them something to think about other than suicide and the problems they are trying to deal with.  I have no doubt this works as I have had two people reach out and tell me how they have not thought about suicide since I introduced them to their drop zone.  
  I have visited 93 drop zones in only four years of skydiving.  My plan is to put every drop zone I have visited and is interested in hosting an event into a hat and we will pick at least one DZ every year to have our event.  If money is available we will do more than one.  
  If you have any questions if you are interested in ordering one of our shirts please email me Jim Osterman at [email protected] I am happy to answer any questions you may have and sell you one of our amazing shirts hoodies.  Hope to have other items in the near future.  
  I know this forum is for people we have lost in the sport this group is to prevent losing as many as we can through the sport.  I hope it is ok to be posted in here.  Here is a link to our Facebook page.  You can also google Jim Osterman Veteran Life and you can get a bunch of links to articles written about the group.  Thank you for your support and hope to see you all following the page soon.
https://www.facebook.com/One8884574838/