1 1
rushmc

Another Trump hater exposed

Hate group count hits 20-year high amid rise in white supremacy

White Supremacist Coast Guard Lieutenant Was Allegedly Plotting Mass Terrorist Attack

" A Coast Guard lieutenant and self-identified white nationalist accused of plotting a mass killing was arrested after federal investigators ... was contemplating chilling acts of domestic terror to sow violence and disorder, including biological attacks and tainting American food supplies, contemplated ways to “kill almost every last person on earth” according to court documents. ...

“establish a white homeland.”

See Marc, a white homeland for trump and his supporters. No brown, black or yellow people. A AR-15 for everyone. Just a few biological and attacks on the food supplies to achieve that. MAGA.

Steve King, white supremacy and the problem with Donald Trump

"But the Republican response to King also exposed uncomfortable truths about the party’s penchant for attracting white nationalists: the individual most championed by the latter’s movement resides in the White House.

“In many respects, Steve King was the easier target to go after. The harder target is Donald Trump,” said Michael Steele, former chairman of the Republican national committee.

“We have had now three years of Donald Trump, as candidate for president and as president, espousing very similar views,” he added.

Trump, much like King, has made sharp anti-immigrant sentiment central to his platform."

Five years of cultivating hate and white supremacy. Now the chickens are coming home to roost.

On 2/18/2019 at 11:15 PM, billvon said:

Absolutely correct.  She hasn't shifted position at all.  Trump has merely gone so far right that he's anathema to even Coulter now.

I love how everyone abilify is her unless she attacks somebody you think needs attacking.

Funny how this thread drifted off the fact that an anti Trumper bigot faked an attack to try and make news and now it looks like he has been charged with a felony and may go to jail

47 minutes ago, rushmc said:

I love how everyone abilify is her unless she attacks somebody you think needs attacking.

Funny how this thread drifted off the fact that an anti Trumper bigot faked an attack to try and make news and now it looks like he has been charged with a felony and may go to jail

You want to talk about a trump hater who staged an attack on himself. But claim its thread drift when terror attacks are planned or stopped by white supremacists/trumpateers! Ironic huh?

Here is a trumpie charged with multiple counts of assault. Upon peaceful elderly protestors.

Plow driver charged after 'intentionally' spraying anti-Trump protesters with slush

"A snow plow driver in Massachusetts is facing criminal charges after he allegedly targeted a group of anti-Trump protesters Monday. 

John C. Pimental, 31, is accused of intentionally spraying the demonstrators with snow, water and ice during their rally in Falmouth on Presidents Day. ...

“The average age of people who come out is over 65; I’m 72 myself,” she said. “We come out to peacefully demonstrate. Occasionally people give us the finger, honk their horns or yell and gesture. We have seen some hostility, but nothing like this.”

Utah man charged with federal hate crime in alleged ‘kill a Mexican’ attack

"I'm here to kill a Mexican"...  A federal grand jury charged Alan Dale Covington, 50, with three counts of committing hate crime charges ... He is accused of shouting "I hate Mexicans" and "I'm here to kill a Mexican" before the alleged attack. He is also accused of asking if shop owner Jose Lopez and his 18-year-old son Luis Gustavo Lopez were "part of the Mexican mafia."

MAGA

Edited by Phil1111

6 minutes ago, rushmc said:

the most important point is the media goes ballistic one way and not the other. By the way I've asked you this question before who the fuck pays you to post on this site?

Easy, easy. In 2021 the dems will introduce free health care and your meds will be free. Then in only 24 more years:)  The US will become ‘minority white’ in 2045, Census projects

But for every sunny day, some rain must fall: 2020 Dems unify around assault weapons ban

See, the pendulum swings one way, then back the other way.

5 hours ago, rushmc said:

Abilify (Aripiprazole) is used to treat certain mental/mood disorders (such as bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, Tourette's disorder, and irritability associated with autistic disorder.

I guess that applies around here. O.o

8 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

Hate group count hits 20-year high amid rise in white supremacy

White Supremacist Coast Guard Lieutenant Was Allegedly Plotting Mass Terrorist Attack

" A Coast Guard lieutenant and self-identified white nationalist accused of plotting a mass killing was arrested after federal investigators ... was contemplating chilling acts of domestic terror to sow violence and disorder, including biological attacks and tainting American food supplies, contemplated ways to “kill almost every last person on earth” according to court documents. ...

“establish a white homeland.”

I gather he had a hit list of prominent Dem politicians, including Pelosi and Bernie, along with a large arsenal of guns and ammo.

Marc gets all bent out of shape because some entertainer fakes an attack on himself, but gives this guy a pass.

57 minutes ago, nigel99 said:

To be fair the topic is Trump haters...

Deranged and psychotic Trump supporters could be in their own thread. 

Good point. And we already have such a thread. If we ignored this one it would have a pretty short life.....

17 hours ago, rushmc said:

Now he is charged

Amazing how fast the media jumps on a story and makes it as anti-Trump as possible and celebrities left and right condemns the incident. And THEN the truth comes out. It's fun watching all those idiots fumble around trying to backtrack or delete their comments. We all saw this with the Covington students too. Look what just happened, the Washington Post got sued for $250m by Sandmann.

I expect the Chicago Police to serve Smollett the bill for all expenses incurred investigating his bullshit fake attack. It's going to be substantial.

15 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

That whole "20-year high" thing with 1020  hate groups is a bit dramatic given that we had similar numbers 6-8 year ago with 1018 groups in 2011.

The count of active groups that the civil rights organization labels as espousing hate climbed to 1,020, up from 784 four years ago

It's interesting how the headline singles out white supremacy given that 64% of that increase from four years ago was due to a rise in black nationalist groups.

There were 113 black nationalist groups in 2014, and 264 in 2018 - an increase of 151 black nationalist groups out of total increase of 236 extremist groups over that four year period.

You can sort the numbers by ideology here:

https://www.splcenter.org/hate-map

The most significant growth was in the number of white nationalist organizations, up from 100 in 2017 to 148 in 2018

While that's true, that number is offset by the decrease in 50+ other white supremacy groups like the KKK, Skinheads, Neo confederates, etc.  You also have to consider that many of these guys may be just moving from one group to another.

It would probably be best compare the total number of extremist within these groups to accurately gauge various levels of extremism in this country, being careful to take into account extremists that belong to multiple groups.

The one thing that actually does make 2018 different from previous years is the rise of a group called "The Proud Boys."   The article doesn't talk about them and the SPLC lists them as a general hate group rather than a white supremacist group.  This is most likely due to the fact that they are marketed as a "free speech" group, however, many of the leaders and organizers have ties to white nationalism.  I'm guessing these guys are marketing it this way to attract people that aren't comfortable with being directly associated with overt racism. 

2 minutes ago, BillyVance said:

We all saw this with the Covington students too. Look what just happened, the Washington Post got sued for $250m by Sandmann.

Right.  It seems like many on the left are so "desperate to get Trump out of office" that they're willing to sacrifice their own credibility to do so.  I don't get it.  Trump basically provides a daily smorgasbord of sensationalized bullshit to choose from, but they still feel the need to twist the facts and make shit up.

Here's a decent video using a variety of footage from that day to provide context and explain what actually happened in the Covington situation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A3h6ZTeH0c

1 hour ago, Coreece said:

That whole "20-year high" thing with 1020  hate groups is a bit dramatic given that we had similar numbers 6-8 year ago with 1018 groups in 2011.

Yea sure. But the real reason there is so much attention to it now is that a white nationalist is a leading speech writer, strategist, and adviser to the POTUS. It is driving all the concern and it is driving people like him to be more open. You should not be surprised about the strong push back.

And speaking of white nationalists and why we worry about them, have you seen the news today?

https://www.npr.org/2019/02/20/696470366/arrested-coast-guard-officer-planned-mass-terrorist-attack-on-a-scale-rarely-see

Edited by gowlerk

3 hours ago, Coreece said:

Right.  It seems like many on the left are so "desperate to get Trump out of office" that they're willing to sacrifice their own credibility to do so.  I don't get it.  Trump basically provides a daily smorgasbord of sensationalized bullshit to choose from, but they still feel the need to twist the facts and make shit up.

Here's a decent video using a variety of footage from that day to provide context and explain what actually happened in the Covington situation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A3h6ZTeH0c

"the Truth in 14 minutes" authored by a lawyer, representing a client suing the WP for $250 million. Over a "viral video" that harmed his client.

The Covington Teen Is Suing the ‘Washington Post’ for $250 Million

"The lawsuit paints Sandmann as an innocent, diminutive child who was sought out by Phillips, and similarly attacked by the Post. “In this country, our society is dedicated to the protection of children regardless of the color of their skin, their religious beliefs, or the cap they wear,” the suit reads. “But the Post did not care about protecting Nicholas. To the contrary, the Post raced with reckless disregard of the facts and truth because in this day and time there is a premium for being the first and loudest media bully. The Post wanted to lead the charge against this child because he was a pawn in its war against its political adversary — a war so disconnected and beyond the comprehension of Nicholas that it might as well have been science fiction.”

The family is seeking $250 million in damages specifically because it was the amount Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos paid to acquire the Post in 2013."

What a load of F**king B.S. Just another ambulance chasing lawyer. Who was driving to the sound of the sirens and got lost.

Don't get me wrong Coreece, I get the point you're trying to make.This case is not the piece of evidence to lead with. To sell your case. This lawyer is another Michael Avenatti, looking for his second of fame.

Don't buy the narrative, I hope Bezos and the WP. Flesh out every ounce of BS from the lawyer and his client.

This is a direct quote from his lawyer, on FOX news as interviewed by Sean Hannity: "He was a child. He was accosted by adults. The Black Hebrew Israelites as your clip shows yelling the most obscene slurs at these boys, homophobic, racist slurs. "

Sandmann Attorney Lin Wood

Edited by Phil1111

Trump Attacks Smollett: ‘No One Should Waste Law Enforcement Dollars On Fake Emergency’

WASHINGTON - Donald J. Trump tore into actor Jussie Smollett on Thursday, saying that “no one should ever waste law enforcement dollars on a fake emergency.” Speaking to reporters at the White House, Trump said, “Claiming that there’s an emergency when there is none is bad enough. But wasting taxpayer dollars on a fake emergency makes you the lowest form of life.” Asked whether Smollett should keep his job on “Empire,” Trump said, “Anyone who declares a fake emergency should be removed from his job and sent to jail.”

-- Andy Borowitz (on Facebook)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BillyVance said:

Amazing how fast the media jumps on a story and makes it as anti-Trump as possible and celebrities left and right condemns the incident. And THEN the truth comes out. It's fun watching all those idiots fumble around trying to backtrack or delete their comments. We all saw this with the Covington students too. Look what just happened, the Washington Post got sued for $250m by Sandmann.

I expect the Chicago Police to serve Smollett the bill for all expenses incurred investigating his bullshit fake attack. It's going to be substantial.

Anyone can sue anyone for anything in the USA.  It helps to have a shyster lawyer.

Winning the suit, however, is another matter altogether.

3 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

The family is seeking $250 million in damages specifically because it was the amount Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos paid to acquire the Post in 2013."

What a load of F**king B.S. Just another ambulance chasing lawyer. Who was driving to the sound of the sirens and got lost.

Don't get me wrong Coreece, I get the point you're trying to make.This case is not the piece of evidence to lead with. To sell your case. This lawyer is another Michael Avenatti, looking for his second of fame. 

The lawyers will state their cases and it'll be up to the court to determine the extent to which Wapo is responsible, if at all.  But none of that negates the fact that multiple liberal media outlets have already admitted last month that they jumped the gun without examining the facts before dragging this kids name through the mud.

Even Trevor Noah said that news reporters could've easily done an internet search to get the facts before reporting the story.

I can't believe I'm about to quote Whoopi Goldberg and Joy Behar, but I think their exchange on The View sums this whole thing up perfectly:

Whoopi:  “Is it that, we just instantly say ‘that’s what it is,’ based on what we see in that moment and then have to walk stuff back when it turns out we’re wrong.  “Why is that?  Why do we keep making the same mistake?”

Joy Behar:  “Because we’re desperate to get Trump out of office."

Whoopi:  "But what does that have to do with. . ."  (interrupted)

Joy Behar:  "I think that that’s the reason.  I think the press jumps the gun a lot because ... we have so much circumstantial evidence against this guy that we’re basically hoping that, you know, Cohen’s got the goods, “It’s wishful thinking."

Whoopi:  "Right, but let's talk about the kids in this particular confrontation since that's the question. . ."

4 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

Don't buy the narrative, I hope Bezos and the WP. Flesh out every ounce of BS from the lawyer and his client. 

Aside from the whole $250 Million, what BS are you talking about specifically?  What did this kid do that was so wrong and offensive?  Why are you one still buying into a false narrative that has already been retracted by liberal media?

4 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

This is a direct quote from his lawyer, on FOX news as interviewed by Sean Hannity: "He was a child. He was accosted by adults. The Black Hebrew Israelites as your clip shows yelling the most obscene slurs at these boys, homophobic, racist slurs. " 

Right, and if it was a small group of white nationalists  yelling homophobic racial slurs at 16 year-old black students with hoodies, their lawyers would be saying the same thing.  Would you have a problem with that as well?

And that black hate group was yelling racial slurs to everyone. That wasn't some BS that his lawyer made up. They were calling the Native Americans "Savages,  Uncle Tomahawks with their heads up the white man's ass,"  and that they "worship eagles, buffaloes and Rams, and all kinds of animals, which is why God took their land away."

4 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Seems about right. Has nothing to do with any real damage done and everything to do with making a political statement.

24 minutes ago, gowlerk said:
30 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Seems about right. Has nothing to do with any real damage done and everything to do with making a political statement.

Ya right, you have people like Bill Maher calling the kid a "smirk face little prick" and Trevor Noah saying how "you just want to punch the kid in the face."   Meanwhile, the kid is falsely and negatively portrayed in newspapers and plastered all over the internet as they rake in ad revenue at his expense.  The kid deserves some compensation for such extreme internet bullying from some of the deepest pockets in the business.

Edited by Coreece

1 hour ago, Coreece said:

The lawyers will state their cases and it'll be up to the court to determine the extent to which Wapo is responsible, if at all.  But none of that negates the fact that multiple liberal media outlets have already admitted last month that they jumped the gun without examining the facts before dragging this kids name through the mud.

Even Trevor Noah said that news reporters could've easily done an internet search to get the facts before reporting the story.

I can't believe I'm about to quote Whoopi Goldberg and Joy Behar, but I think their exchange on The View sums this whole thing up perfectly:

Whoopi:  “Is it that, we just instantly say ‘that’s what it is,’ based on what we see in that moment and then have to walk stuff back when it turns out we’re wrong.  “Why is that?  Why do we keep making the same mistake?”

Joy Behar:  “Because we’re desperate to get Trump out of office."

Whoopi:  "But what does that have to do with. . ."  (interrupted)

Joy Behar:  "I think that that’s the reason.  I think the press jumps the gun a lot because ... we have so much circumstantial evidence against this guy that we’re basically hoping that, you know, Cohen’s got the goods, “It’s wishful thinking."

Whoopi:  "Right, but let's talk about the kids in this particular confrontation since that's the question. . ."

Aside from the whole $250 Million, what BS are you talking about specifically?  What did this kid do that was so wrong and offensive?  Why are you one still buying into a false narrative that has already been retracted by liberal media?

Right, and if it was a small group of white nationalists  yelling homophobic racial slurs at 16 year-old black students with hoodies, their lawyers would be saying the same thing.  Would you have a problem with that as well?

And that black hate group was yelling racial slurs to everyone. That wasn't some BS that his lawyer made up. They were calling the Native Americans "Savages,  Uncle Tomahawks with their heads up the white man's ass,"  and that they "worship eagles, buffaloes and Rams, and all kinds of animals, which is why God took their land away."

- There is a concept in law whereby you have to establish a harm. Prove damages. The two have to be related.

- What does the WP have to do with a black hate group at the scene. Nobody has said that they either orchestrated the event, aided or abetted it.

- This is a ambulance chasing lawyer in the heart of trump country. Kentucky " Donald Trump easily carried Kentucky with 62.54% of the vote, " thats where the case was filed.

-The "child" was smiling the whole time he was face to face with the native man. Who subsequently stated that he felt threatened by the "child". The "child" stated on video that he "should have walked away" from the face to face confrontation. Que the defense lawyer "why"?

The family has a point, but the lawsuit is almost surely unwinnable.

"It is, of course, notable that the family is targeting the Post, President Trump’s media enemy No. 1, and Bezos, whom the president frequently targets as well. Plenty of outlets covered the incident and ran with the initial narrative.

“Ironically, other outfits were even more wildly off the mark, but the Post appears to be the designated defendant, Jonathan Turley, a professor at George Washington University Law School, said in an email to Vox.      They say it’s not political.

Its all about a fishing expedition for a politicized jury in the heart of trump country by a greedy, catholic family, who bought the MAGA hats, were protesting a abortion issue. Then ran into a ambulance chaser

Nothing more and nothing less.