cjdskydiver

ad renewal...how to do it??

How do you renew an ad now? I looked all around on my ad page, but didn't find anything.

This link is broken:

To renew your ad, go to http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/modify.cgi

I also went under 'My Renewals', but it says "There's nothing here yet." I received an email that an ad will expire soon, which is also shown on the ad.

Edited by cjdskydiver

31 minutes ago, cjdskydiver said:

How do you renew an ad now? I looked all around on my ad page, but didn't find anything.

This link is broken:

To renew your ad, go to http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/modify.cgi

I also went under 'My Renewals', but it says "There's nothing here yet." I received an email that an ad will expire soon, which is also shown on the ad.

Unfortunately that email is being sent from our old server. Any email that contains a modify.cgi link in it can be ignored. The people receiving the error are users who had ads running on the old server.

We told our hosts to stop the service but they evidently did not. 

To do renewals on the new site, click the drop down next to your name (top right) and click "My Renewals", if there's nothing there then your ad is still good.

We're working to shut off the old mail server to prevent this outdated mails getting sent out.

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 10:24 PM, Administrator said:

Unfortunately that email is being sent from our old server. Any email that contains a modify.cgi link in it can be ignored. The people receiving the error are users who had ads running on the old server.

We told our hosts to stop the service but they evidently did not. 

To do renewals on the new site, click the drop down next to your name (top right) and click "My Renewals", if there's nothing there then your ad is still good.

We're working to shut off the old mail server to prevent this outdated mails getting sent out.

According to what shows up on my ad, it will expire on the 19th. How do I renew it? My Renewals still shows nothing.

Time Left 6 days and 6 hours - February 19, 2019

On 2/13/2019 at 7:18 PM, cjdskydiver said:

According to what shows up on my ad, it will expire on the 19th. How do I renew it? My Renewals still shows nothing.

Time Left 6 days and 6 hours - February 19, 2019

We've done some testing and it appears that the renewals will only be visible once expired. On the old system, once an ad had expired it was automatically deleted from the system. On the new platform the behaviour is different and an expired ad will remain visible to you, and just be unpublished. This means that you can wait for your ad to expire and then just renew it afterwards. But please don't hesitate to let us know if you continue to have issues.

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 1:31 AM, Meso said:

We've done some testing and it appears that the renewals will only be visible once expired. On the old system, once an ad had expired it was automatically deleted from the system. On the new platform the behaviour is different and an expired ad will remain visible to you, and just be unpublished. This means that you can wait for your ad to expire and then just renew it afterwards. But please don't hesitate to let us know if you continue to have issues.

Ok...so I went to renew it, and see the following...we have to pay for ads now...??

Renewal: 30 days more
Renewal price: $6.00

On 2/20/2019 at 3:00 AM, cjdskydiver said:

Ok...so I went to renew it, and see the following...we have to pay for ads now...??

Renewal: 30 days more
Renewal price: $6.00

Only if you had selected to submit a paid ad initially. If you submit a free ad initially, then you should be able to renew it without paying anything. But for those who paid for a featured ad, instead of providing a free regular ad renewal, the system allows for a renewal of the feature, which is then paid. But if you want to change between packages, paid vs free. You will then need to resubmit the ad as a paid ad.

I realize the old system made this a little bit easier, by allowing you to choose whether you'd like to renew as paid or free, but we are naturally confined to whatever the functionality of the plugin is, and they only allow 1 option per package. So in this case, we can either choose to have featured ads that were paid for initially, require a second payment to renew as a feature, or we can remove that option and have it so that featured ads can only be renewed as regular free ads.

We're still deciding which one is the most desired. But we haven't been able to find a way to provide both options. Either the person who has paid and wants to renew as a feature will need to submit a new ad, or the person who wants to renew a feature as a free ad will have to submit a new ad.

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 11:22 PM, Meso said:

Only if you had selected to submit a paid ad initially. If you submit a free ad initially, then you should be able to renew it without paying anything. But for those who paid for a featured ad, instead of providing a free regular ad renewal, the system allows for a renewal of the feature, which is then paid. But if you want to change between packages, paid vs free. You will then need to resubmit the ad as a paid ad.

I realize the old system made this a little bit easier, by allowing you to choose whether you'd like to renew as paid or free, but we are naturally confined to whatever the functionality of the plugin is, and they only allow 1 option per package. So in this case, we can either choose to have featured ads that were paid for initially, require a second payment to renew as a feature, or we can remove that option and have it so that featured ads can only be renewed as regular free ads.

We're still deciding which one is the most desired. But we haven't been able to find a way to provide both options. Either the person who has paid and wants to renew as a feature will need to submit a new ad, or the person who wants to renew a feature as a free ad will have to submit a new ad.

Any update on this?

I have another free ad that just expired, but I can't renew it without paying...?