2 2
kallend

Trouble in Virginia

51 minutes ago, kallend said:

I think  Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax should resign . . . .

. . . . Right after Kavanaugh and Trump.

I don't think Fairfax should resign.  You want to have a recall vote and fire him?  Fine here's the money.  You don't want him back next term?  Vote him out in the primary.

1 hour ago, ryoder said:

You are forgetting Mitch McConnell who refused to do his constitutional duty of bringing up a SCOTUS nomination to a vote.

Ah, Yes ... Another Dorkzone Constitutional Scholar.

You'd have an actual case with Cocaine Mitch looking into him and China.

2 hours ago, dmcoco84 said:

We don't utilize recall elections in Virginia... VA Code: 24.2-233

Huh, interesting.  I wonder if they could use the 'hate crime' paragraph against him?  

I will say that I find it deeply disturbing that the assassins are out there digging for anything they can find.  This has gotten way out of hand.  High school and college yearbooks?  I mean, what's next?  Assignments from English 101?  If you go back far enough and deep enough you're going to find something on pretty much everybody..

5 minutes ago, Iago said:

Huh, interesting.  I wonder if they could use the 'hate crime' paragraph against him?  

I will say that I find it deeply disturbing that the assassins are out there digging for anything they can find.  This has gotten way out of hand.  High school and college yearbooks?  I mean, what's next?  Assignments from English 101?  If you go back far enough and deep enough you're going to find something on pretty much everybody..

There are pictures of you in blackface?

20 hours ago, Iago said:

Of course.

And if it's getting drunk at a party?  Probably not worth getting upset about.  If it's getting drunk and assaulting someone?  Might be a bigger deal.  If it's wearing a Madonna costume and going to a party as a "material girl?"  Not too big a deal.  If it's wearing blackface and going as a dumb black guy?  Again, might be a bigger deal.

The facts matter.

3 hours ago, Iago said:

I will say that I find it deeply disturbing that the assassins are out there digging for anything they can find.  This has gotten way out of hand. 

I think the more appropriate angle on this is the timing. Everyone has opposition researchers. Why is it that information about the top three democrats in the Virginia commonwealth government is all coming out right now?  Together?  Why did nothing come out during the elections, or nomination process?  Surely someone had this information before now.

Edited by TriGirl
clarity

15 hours ago, Iago said:

I dont know, maybe.  I think I went out as a Pumpkin one year when I was, like, ten or something.  

I played an inhabitant of the Barbary Coast in an elementary  school pantomime ("Dick Whittington's Cat") when I was 7.  Had cocoa for makeup on my face.

Good job no-one had cameras back in those days or I'd have to resign.

Edited by kallend

15 hours ago, TriGirl said:

I think the more appropriate angle on this is the timing. Everyone has opposition researchers. Why is it that information about the top three democrats in the Virginia commonwealth government is all coming out right now?  Together?  Why did nothing come out during the elections, or nomination process?  Surely someone had this information before now.

It was in response to his support of changing the approval process for late term abortions that can endanger a mother.  Someone knew it was there all along and decided to make it public.

On 2/10/2019 at 8:59 AM, kallend said:

I think  Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax should resign . . . .

. . . . Right after Kavanaugh and Trump.

Kavanaugh didn't do shit. All of his accusers recanted their accusations, except the one who testified, who then went into hiding with her millions out of Gofundme. Yeah, she was full of shit.

Trust me on this, if Fairfax was a Republican, all you Democrats and the MSM would be SCREAMING for his resignation. Northam too.

So what has Trump done? Russian Collusion is looking like one giant hoax and witch hunt. Watch and see. The Democrats were soooo pissed that he won and are dead set on trying to make sure he can't win in 2020 that they'll do ANYTHING to assure that. And I bet Trump wins again. :D

43 minutes ago, BillyVance said:

Trust me on this, if Fairfax was a Republican, all you Democrats and the MSM would be SCREAMING for his resignation. Northam too.

Democrats ARE calling for the resignation of both Fairfax and Northam.  All of your favorites too, Kamala, Booker...  The Virginia Legislative Black Caucus is calling for Fairfax to resign.

Edited by DJL

7 hours ago, BillyVance said:

Kavanaugh didn't do shit. All of his accusers recanted their accusations, except the one who testified, who then went into hiding with her millions out of Gofundme.

The Republican's attitude on Ford can be summed by one pundit - "It's not that we don't believe you.  It's that we don't care."

Trust me on this, if Fairfax was a Republican, all you Democrats and the MSM would be SCREAMING for his resignation.

They are screaming for his resignation.  Your news sources simply aren't reporting that.

So what has Trump done? Russian Collusion is looking like one giant hoax and witch hunt. Watch and see.

We have been.  38 indictments, including a lot of Russians.  199 criminal counts, including collusion with Russians.  7 guilty pleas.  1 conviction.  About as far from a hoax and a witch hunt as you can get.

Facts matter.

17 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Yeah, but Hillary sent emails.

That's sooo last election.  Did you know that Elizabeth Warren said she has a Native American ancestor?  Oh oh oh and Kamala Harris had a relationship with another politician 20 years ago.

22 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Wow, those are some bigly, huge issues.

Yup. Far, faaaaaar bigger than sexual assault, theft by fraud, paying off attorneys general to avoid charges in the theft by fraud case, lawsuits for racial discrimination, hiring illegal immigrants, calling Nazis & Klansmen 'fine people', and a lot more. 

28 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Yup. Far, faaaaaar bigger than sexual assault, theft by fraud, paying off attorneys general to avoid charges in the theft by fraud case, lawsuits for racial discrimination, hiring illegal immigrants, calling Nazis & Klansmen 'fine people', and a lot more. 

You guys know DJL was being sarcastic,..., I hope. What remains unsaid are the enablers and supporters of those actions. I ran across two stories that imply worse to come. $500 million that Mr. Bloomberg is going to spend. Either as a presidential run or to specifically defeat trump.

Schumer recruits famed fighter pilot to challenge McConnell in 2020

Neither of which is specifically unusual. But the tribal war in America in the next two years will be expensive. It will turn this little Virginia skirmish into the First Battle of Bull Run,

If republicans lose the senate and the presidency. There will be assault weapon bans and every thing else that conservatives hate. Feb. 18th is just around the corner. When Americans celebrate one of their greatest presidents. Who went from slave owner to on his own accord freeing them.

President Washington to trump....mmm... Well America will rise again.