1 1
ryoder

David Pecker blackmailing Jeff Bezos

Now that Bezos has gone public with it, I'm wondering if Pecker:

a) Releases the photos in retaliation, (which would also back up Bezos allegations).

b) Does not release the photos, (in order to maintain he did not do it).

Either way, I'd like to see criminal charges.

1 hour ago, ryoder said:

Either way, I'd like to see criminal charges.

And as Bezos mentions, he is in a position to be able to fight back.  Think about how many times they got away with it, blackmailing people with less resources/visibility.  Hopefully this will encourage other victims to come forward.

42 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Bezos can afford to pressure them until he ends up owning their sissy asses.

I think you mean until AMI and Mr. Pecker. Have either transferred all their assets to their legal council to satisfy bills. Or sold their sissy asses to Mr. Bezos.

Federal prosecutors investigating Enquirer on Bezos: report

Ronan Farrow: I received 'blackmail' threat similar to Amazon's Jeff Bezos

Poor Pecker, he must have confused immunity from Mr. Mueller. For blanket operational immunity.

1 hour ago, Phil1111 said:

I think you mean until AMI and Mr. Pecker. Have either transferred all their assets to their legal council to satisfy bills. Or sold their sissy asses to Mr. Bezos.

Federal prosecutors investigating Enquirer on Bezos: report

Ronan Farrow: I received 'blackmail' threat similar to Amazon's Jeff Bezos

Poor Pecker, he must have confused immunity from Mr. Mueller. For blanket operational immunity.

I kinda have to laugh at how they must be sh**ing themselves now. Going after the richest man in the world is never going to end well for them when he turns around and fights back.

Just now, Stumpy said:

I kinda have to laugh at how they must be sh**ing themselves now. Going after the richest man in the world is never going to end well for them when he turns around and fights back.

It would be fun to be in Bezos position with those resources.

I think I would launch a new division of of my company called: Amazon Legal Services.

It would have a permanent staff of attorneys and investigators just to:

- Dig up dirt on AMI.

- File civil suits on anything in which I had standing.

- Turn over potentially criminal findings to the state.

And anyone libeled by AMI's publications could hire ALS staff for $1 per head, per hour.

[evil grin]

Federal prosecutors are reviewing the National Enquirer's handling of Jeff Bezos story

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/08/jeff-bezos-reportedly-gives-info-to-federal-prosecutors-related-to-national-enquirer-report.html

Back in 2013 when the news broke that Bezos was buying WaPo, I was worried.

I thought nothing good could come of it.

I'm am so happy that I was totally wrong! xD

2 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

...Poor Pecker, he must have confused immunity from Mr. Mueller. For blanket operational immunity.

Interesting quote in the linked story (first one):

AMI entered into a non-prosecution agreement with the Manhattan attorney's office in September in return for its cooperation in an investigation into alleged campaign finance violations by President Trump's campaign.

Under the agreement, AMI can "commit no crimes whatsoever," otherwise it will "be subject to prosecution for any federal criminal violation of which this Office has knowledge, including perjury and obstruction of justice."

If I understand this correctly, when they 'cooperated', they gave Mueller information. They may have given incriminating information, based on the assumption that they would have immunity from prosecution.
Which may have gone right out the window.

It would be fabulous to see them prosecuted for crimes based on their own statements.

Also, since the extortion threats went via e-mail, it can be prosecuted as a federal crime. 

3 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

It would be fabulous to see them prosecuted for crimes based on their own statements.

Also, since the extortion threats went via e-mail, it can be prosecuted as a federal crime. 

It would indeed be fitting if the outfit behind the National Enquirer went down for trying to blackmail someone with dirt they collected on them.  It's karma writ large.

Bezos, de Becker, Pecker, and the Post

Jeff Bezos Thwarts Extortion Attempt by Revealing His Horniness

"Aside from its arrangement with Trump, AMI also has a business arrangement with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, which murdered Post columnist Jamal Khashoggi last year.

“I don’t want personal photos published, but I also won’t participate in their well-known practice of blackmail, political favors, political attacks, and corruption,” he concluded. “I prefer to stand up, roll this log over, and see what crawls out.”

Bezos flags 'Saudi angle' in alleged AMI extortion attempt

"Several days ago, an AMI leader advised us that Mr. Pecker is 'apoplectic' about our investigation," Bezos wrote. "For reasons still to be better understood, the Saudi angle seems to hit a particularly sensitive nerve," he continued. ...

On occasion, Bezos noted in his post, Pecker's connections with Trump and the Saudis overlapped.

"Sometimes Mr. Pecker mixes it all together," he wrote, describing a White House dinner "to which the media executive brought a guest with important ties to the royals in Saudi Arabia. At the time, Mr. Pecker was pursuing business there while also hunting for financing for acquisitions."

MBS, trump and Pecker. A real trio of misfits. Who'd have thunk that they can't resist every attempt to cover up, distract and punish perceived enemies.

On 2/7/2019 at 11:34 PM, billvon said:

And as Bezos mentions, he is in a position to be able to fight back.  Think about how many times they got away with it, blackmailing people with less resources/visibility.

Perhaps they might've had a  little more dirt on those people than a few nude selfies?

I don't keep up on all this garbage, but I find the timing of all this a bit peculiar. 

Was Bezos and his wife really on a "break" when these selfies were taken?

Maybe they tried to Blackmail him before, but his refusal cost him his marriage?

Maybe they really were on a break, but these photos sealed the divorce papers? 

Maybe they ruined his marriage and now they were going public due to non compliance?

At that point, the smartest thing to do is to say fuck these guys and go public with it yourself, trying to get as much publicity as possible to offset losing 50% of your shit.

Not sure if they had a prenup or not.  I doubt it since she was with him since the beginning. . .

Doubt this will really hurt the national enquirer in the long run tho.  We've known they were a bunch of shady assholes since we were little kids.  I couldn't believe that they were actually being discussed in the course of real politics to begin with. . .

Edited by Coreece
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Coreece said:

Doubt this will really hurt the national enquirer in the long run tho.  We've known they were a bunch of shady assholes since we were little kids.  I couldn't believe that they were actually being discussed in the course of real politics to begin with. . .

Keep in mind that pecuniary damages in any matter are proportional to the injury suffered. 

- 1/2 of Bezo's assets could amount to $60 billion. In the absence of the story perhaps the marriage would still be harmonious.

- Then there is the whole Saudi and WP angle. Trump’s Publisher Pal Puts Saudi Propaganda Magazine in U.S. Supermarkets

The owners of the National Enquirer have a slick, ad-free magazine on U.S. newsstands praising crown prince Mohammed bin Salman—and insist they had no outside help for it.

180326-ackerman-new-kingdom-tease_ztmcda.jpg