1 1
JerryBaumchen

Site Launch Gaffes

(edited)

The 'stars & dots' on the left have changed to an orange box with the word 'unread' to the right of the thread title.

I haven't tried to get into a 'fully read' thread, so I don't know about that part.

The thing that is bothering me the most is that the order of subjects in "Skydiving" has changed a lot. I just commented on this in another thread.
Used to be General, Safety, G&R, Instructors, Tandem, Incidents, Tunnel, Events, History. 
Very different now. 

Edit to fix the word in the orange box. Duh.

Edited by wolfriverjoe

34 minutes ago, meat.missile said:

Community needs to be below skydiving and skydiving disciplines. That place is mostly a cesspool.

In the old format it was at the top. The great news is that you can hide the entire catagory in the new format and not have it appear at all.

Jerry - another thing that was changed since the first launch is that originally if you clicked the link it would take you to the first post of the thread even if the thread had hundreds of replies. The functionality was changed so that now if you click on the link, the link will take you to the first unread reply in the thread (no longer need the blue button to take you there) and an orange box was added to indicate which threads have unread content. If you click a thread that has no new content then it returns to the first entry since there is nothing unread to jump you to.

This returns the functionality and usability of the site to a lot closer to the old workflow.

1 1