FIL1969

NEEDED: Static Line chute for 75th Anniversity of D-day

Hello all,

This is Phil (D-28145, USPA member # 19767), I have been invited to jump (static line) into Normandy in honor of our WWII vets this June.   I am seeking a static line chute that I can use or rent from someone or if you would participate as well the link is below. 

On 4 and 5 June 2019 Daks over Normandy will organise two jumps. The 4 June jump will be a mass practice jump in the United Kingdom. The jump on 5 June will be very special. All of the C-47’s participating in the event will fly in formation across the English Channel to drop a large group of paratroopers into an original 1944 drop zone in Normandy. If you want to be a part of that historic and unique reconstitution you can download our Registration Form here. These jumps are open to jumpers of all teams and to all (ex)para/airborne personnel. Beware however of the requirements you must meet!

Chute requirements from the Daks.

Hello all,

This is Phil (D-28145, USPA member # 19767), I have been invited to jump (static line) into Normandy in honor of our WWII vets this June.   I am seeking a static line chute that I can use or rent from someone or if you would participate as well the link is below. 

On 4 and 5 June 2019 Daks over Normandy will organise two jumps. The 4 June jump will be a mass practice jump in the United Kingdom. The jump on 5 June will be very special. All of the C-47’s participating in the event will fly in formation across the English Channel to drop a large group of paratroopers into an original 1944 drop zone in Normandy. If you want to be a part of that historic and unique reconstitution you can download our Registration Form here. These jumps are open to jumpers of all teams and to all (ex)para/airborne personnel. Beware however of the requirements you must meet!

Chute requirements from the Daks.

Hello all,

Please contact me if you can help out or are interested.

Phil J.

757-876-4347

[email protected]

Screen shot 2019-01-26 at 11.12.13 AM.pdf

I think your going to have trouble meeting the DOM. I've got the parts to put together a direct bag 35' static line rig with 35' T-10 and T10r reserve but I don't think anything i that new (1994).  By then the army was demilling  everything. I don't think I've ever seen a complete mirps reserve in civilian hands. Of course most of my skydiving gear is older than that.:S

The original poster may have better luck with some of the WWII recreation groups out there (or whatever they prefer to be called). Liberty team etc. Or someone who supplies them, like NPTC at Dunnellon Florida.  Pretty silly 25 year rule though that the Daks over Normandy group have, whether it is their own or some European country's regs.

30 minutes ago, pchapman said:

The original poster may have better luck with some of the WWII recreation groups out there (or whatever they prefer to be called). Liberty team etc. Or someone who supplies them, like NPTC at Dunnellon Florida.  Pretty silly 25 year rule though that the Daks over Normandy group have, whether it is their own or some European country's regs.

Maybe they should have a 25 year rule for aircraft. It would make more sense considering the MX issue differences between aircraft and parachutes.

Yeah I have really nice NOS stuff in my collection.  Hell I was thinking it might cool to sign up, but as soon as I saw that DOM BS and no modified, but yet they want steerables lol.  Ok now too much hassle to go, can’t use my gear, and he can rent any of it. 

On 2/3/2019 at 9:21 PM, councilman24 said:

I think your going to have trouble meeting the DOM. I've got the parts to put together a direct bag 35' static line rig with 35' T-10 and T10r reserve but I don't think anything i that new (1994).  By then the army was demilling  everything. I don't think I've ever seen a complete mirps reserve in civilian hands. Of course most of my skydiving gear is older than that.:S

DB34CEB0-326A-44A0-9BFD-38C8E7A230DA.jpeg

Edited by stratostar