SStewart

Email from an attorney .

Any body else get one of these? The attorney is from New York

Hi Mr. Stewart,

I hope you are having a nice day.

We have an attorney client who asked us to reach out on their behalf. They have a new case and are interested in engaging an expert in the field of Skydiving Safety. This is a short-term, paid consulting project.

OPPORTUNITY ID:

O-048708

AREA OF EXPERTISE:

Skydiving Safety

CASE OVERVIEW:

This case involves someone who was severely inured in a parachuting accident. We require an expert in skydiving safety to review this case.

QUESTIONS:

1. What pre-dive training exists for new divers, and what are the standard procedures regarding first time or amateur jumpers performing static or tandem dives? 2. Have you ever reviewed a similar case? If so, please describe. 3. Have you ever previously been sued or arrested? If so, under what circumstances and what was the outcome?

If you are interested in exploring this matter further, kindly click the secure link below:

Fucking ambulance chasers.

(edited)

"Dear Sir:  My standard fee is $600/hour for time spent in court or depositions, regardless of whether I am actively involved.  Other time is billed at $300/hour, exclusive of additional expenses including but not limited to travel and lodging.  In all cases, the minimum billable time is 1 hour, which resets daily.  Please let me know where I should send the invoice for the time you have required so far.  Best regards, ..."

Edited by mark
additional snark
  • Like 3

Yeah!

I have provided expertise in four cases. The first was when Dan Poynter asked me to inspect a student rig that hit a building on an airfield. Simple.

The Second involved the RCMP asking me to inspect a rig involved in a fatal accident. Simple.

The third involved analysis of the risk posed by wind turbines one statute mile from a DZ. Even though there have been no reports of any incidents, the project proved politically disastrous for me.

The last involved a personal injury lawsuit launched two years after a plane crash. The case proved financially and psychologically disastrous when my secondary damages (knee surgery, lost wages, etc.) - during the trial - exceeded my losses from the crash. Eleven years later, there are still a variety of loose ends (e.g. wreckage still on public display). Disastrous!

Out of four contacts, two proved disastrous! The next lawyer - that approaches me - will get a punch in the teeth!

22 hours ago, mark said:

"Dear Sir:  My standard fee is $600/hour for time spent in court or depositions, regardless of whether I am actively involved.  Other time is billed at $300/hour, exclusive of additional expenses including but not limited to travel and lodging.  In all cases, the minimum billable time is 1 hour, which resets daily.  Please let me know where I should send the invoice for the time you have required so far.  Best regards, ..."

19 hours ago, SStewart said:

Mark: Can I use that? Ha!

Well, based on what he wrote, if you choose to use it, I would think you would owe him the $300 for "other time, minimum billable time is 1 hour."

Considering that you read the e-mail one day (1 hour) and then replied to it another day (1 more hour), then the ambulance chasers would owe you $600. So paying Mark $300 for his time composing the response wouldn't be too big of a burden. 

On 1/26/2019 at 5:51 PM, mark said:

In addition, as per standard industry practices. If I should receive an e-mail, letter, phone call or deal with the matter in any fashion. One minimum billable hour shall be charged to the account. If I am reviewing details of the matter and feel the need to pass wind. As per industry practice, two billable hours shall be incurred. As such, more than 24 billable hours per day may result. But I know that you are familiar with such practice.

Additional costs for office supplies, travel, entertainment, etc. shall be billed at cost plus 50% on a monthly basis.

On 1/29/2019 at 7:58 AM, mr2mk1g said:

Defence attorneys use experts too.  Early input from an expert, even for the Claimant, might kill a case dead before letters are even sent if there's no negligence involved. 

OTHO, the defendant likely would be the DZ, who would know plenty of "friendly" experts they could call on, so they would be unlikely to be sending out cold-call emails to find someone. I think this is almost certainly from a potential plaintiff's attorney.