1 1
clustermagnet

JFX vs crossfire2

I jump a Crossfire 2 129. I have now made 10 jumps on a demo JFX 104. I really wanted to demo the JFX2 104 but haven't found one available yet. The contrast between my Crossfire 2 and the JFX is striking. The JFX openings didn't snivel like the Crossfire 2 but were not hard and were are on heading. I flew conservative, straight in landings for the first few jumps in very light winds and they were faster but no problem. It really planed out nicely when I used the rear risers. Overall, it's a fun canopy and the JFX2 is supposed to be even better. I will probably be getting one.

I haven't done to many jumps on the crossfire, maybe 10 each on the 2 + 3, But got a little over 500 jumps on the JFX. They both like harness inputs and are great work horses. 

I can't really say anything bad about the JFX.

Great, quick, direct, mostly on heading openings, which is great if your student took a little longer till he pulled the canopy. I never had to land out with this canopy, coming from the Katana this was a nice change ;). Long spots are not really a problem with it any more.

Swooping it took me a while to figure out, as you need to force the JFX a little to start diving. Once it is diving and turning you find yourself under a sports car.