Bud_T

OP160 Reserve pack size for V310 question.

I currently have a vector3 v310 container and am debating putting an OP160 instead of my original OP143 idea.  My question is: would it be a pain in the neck for a rigger to pack an OP160 into this container (w/ Skyhook and AAD); I understand it’s considered “full” by UPT, but don’t know to what degree.  I’ll be jumping a Sabre2 150 (also “full”).

(edited)
4 hours ago, rjklein4470 said:

I would Demo the OP 143, and jump it a couple times and then decide.  

Ideally, i’d Like to, but currently don’t have a reserve in my rig and therefore no ability to demo.  Just wanted to know the reasonability of packing the OP160 as not to give a rigger a difficult job. ...thanks for the reply.

Edited by Bud_T

It's simply a pack volume issue, not a problem for a versatile rigger who enjoys the craft. Vectors are a joy to pack! Although, I don't think you should choose gear on that basis. Tight rigs are a little more work to pack well, but I prefer them that way because I feel they will pop more reliably. As long as the canopy isn't too tight in the d-bag, that's a bad kind of tightness!