Iago

Housing Panic rev 2.0

Here it comes.  Inventories are spiking, prices are starting to fall, plus add on climbing mortgage rates with an inverse 10:1 impact on leverage.

Strap in, 2019/2020 is going to be bumpy.  2021/2022 will be bloody.

It hath been foretold.  Manias, panics, and crashes.

• Like 1

(edited)
1 hour ago, Croc said:

What do you think will happen to gold and silver?

Absolutely no idea.  I don't follow the collectibles.

What I do see is the same cracks starting to appear now as 2005- 2006 ish.  Subprime is back.  No-doc loans are back.  Zero-down is back.  The market has run out of qualified buyers so the crap is being let back into the house.  All guaranteed by the FHA and the US goobermint!:D

YOY selling prices are cratering in some markets, which means the people who bought in the past few years and now need to sell can't sell.  Their equity has been erased and they don't have the cash to cover the negative.  The construction boom in places like Denver will come to a screeching halt.

Seatbelts, please.

Edited by Iago

Fine by me. I sold in July and the timing was right, and don't plan to purchase again for the next year or two.

Rates will probably suck at that time, and I will never see the 3% 15 year rate that I had before but at least I will hopefully be in a good cycle of buying low again.

I doubt we will see the 1980's double digit mortgage rates again, but I could be sorrily mistaken.