5 5
pchapman

What do you think of the new dropzone.com format?

Just now, dmcoco84 said:

lol

Nice Flag! Where's mine?

Busy drafting the post on how to select flags, we just went live with it. But to set your flag, head over to your account settings from the top right dropdown and then click on "Country" in the left hand side and you can select your country.

Just now, Meso said:

Busy drafting the post on how to select flags, we just went live with it. But to set your flag, head over to your account settings from the top right dropdown and then click on "Country" in the left hand side and you can select your country.

Cool!  I did look before I commented. :P

2 minutes ago, Meso said:

1 minute ago, dmcoco84 said:

Cool!  I did look before I commented. :P

Done.

America! Fuck Yeah!

Ever thought of just keeping it skydive related and not have bonfire or speakers corner. I have not made a jump in years..only 557 jumps. Took 14 yrs to do that. Going to get current or do at least one more. I like dz.com but do not like all the opinions...maybe by opinion does not matter...since I'm old news

4 minutes ago, GARYC24 said:

Ever thought of just keeping it skydive related and not have bonfire or speakers corner. I have not made a jump in years..only 557 jumps. Took 14 yrs to do that. Going to get current or do at least one more. I like dz.com but do not like all the opinions...maybe by opinion does not matter...since I'm old news

Hmmm.... is there someone forcing you to read the forums you don't care for? If not I think I can make a suggestion that will help you with your lack of tolerance for what other people say.....

On 2/17/2019 at 5:57 AM, GARYC24 said:

There is a merit in your approach, but we also realize that these two forums have played a large role in the community here over the years, well at least the Bonfire has ;) But you are able to collapse forum sections that you don't have an interest in, to make your forum environment more isolated to what you have interest in. 

image.png

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I've noticed sometimes that it's hard to distinguish between a poster's post and the quoted post he or she is responding to. In the old format, it was easy to tell, if people used the mark-up tools correctly.

Any way to make it read a bit better in that regard?

17 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Got it. No proof, no reports (not even on crap like Blaze or Brietbart), but you want to believe it.

Because it fits your 'narrative'.

The fake attack on Smollet 'doesn't fit their narrative' in any way, shape or form.
Yet the 'mainstream media' has been all over it.

What has any of this Speaker's Corner discussion got to do with a new dropzone.com format thread in Bonfire? 

(edited)
On 3/2/2019 at 12:07 PM, wolfriverjoe said:

Ask Billy.

I didn't start it. Jerry Baumchen did. Scroll up.

Edited to add: Hell, I probably should have just answered Jerry's question to me, via PM. He also could have asked it via PM. Or he could have asked it over there in SC, but he asked it HERE. (shrugs)

Anyway, it's done. I answered the question. Whether people get into a snitfit over it is up to them.

Edited by BillyVance

(edited)
On 2/16/2019 at 9:57 PM, GARYC24 said:

Simple solution: Hide the Bonfire and Speakers Corner forums. There, problem solved. There's a toggle switch. You go to the page where you see all of the forums. The header that covers Bonfire and Speakers Corner is called Community. Click on the "-" bar at the right end. (poof) hidden. Of course, you lose Women's Only, Disabilities and In Memoriam.

Maybe it's time to separate Bonfire and Speakers Corner from the rest?

Edited to add: Actually, maybe the Skydivers with Disabilities and In Memory of forums should be moved to the Skydiving group of forums. Bonfire, Speakers Corner and Women Only forums pretty much deserve their own group.

Edited by BillyVance

On 3/4/2019 at 9:09 AM, BillyVance said:

Simple solution: Hide the Bonfire and Speakers Corner forums. There, problem solved. There's a toggle switch. You go to the page where you see all of the forums. The header that covers Bonfire and Speakers Corner is called Community. Click on the "-" bar at the right end. (poof) hidden. Of course, you lose Women's Only, Disabilities and In Memoriam.

Maybe it's time to separate Bonfire and Speakers Corner from the rest?

Edited to add: Actually, maybe the Skydivers with Disabilities and In Memory of forums should be moved to the Skydiving group of forums. Bonfire, Speakers Corner and Women Only forums pretty much deserve their own group.

I see my suggestion was heeded, somewhat. Hope it works better for all. (thumbs up) :)

1 hour ago, BillyVance said:

I see my suggestion was heeded, somewhat. Hope it works better for all. (thumbs up) :)

Quoting needs to be fixed.  If I hit quote, everything in BV's post should be quoted; like it currently is on BASE Jumper.

This new setup and the plus sign thing is terrible. -- Again, don't mind visual changes, but the functionality currently is horrible.

Just now, dmcoco84 said:

Quoting needs to be fixed.  If I hit quote, everything in BV's post should be quoted; like it currently is on BASE Jumper.

This new setup and the plus sign thing is terrible. -- Again, don't mind visual changes, but the functionality currently is horrible.

The "Preview" post is crap... doesn't match up; see BASE Jumper.