sunflower92

Pilot 168 zpx in a Wings 8?

Hello!

So I currently have a wings 8 which I love! The only dilemma that I face is the main. The seller of the container told me that Pilot 168 ZPX would fit and, being just off my A, I was haste when a two people at my DZ told me a Safire 170 would work (both very experienced). Wellllll I got a safire1 170 and it fits... just it is a nightmare to pack. Beyond nightmare. A packer even packed it and warned me about bag lock.

The seller (who sold me the container when I first got off my A) mentioned it should pack a lot easier because the Pilot 190 zpx would pack like that Safire.

Just a tad worried I will be in the same dilemma.

Any advice will be appreciated :D

Blue Skies Skyfam <3

I had a W8 Ext for several years now. When I bought it I had a Xfire 2 124 and a PD143. It was a snug very nice fit. Now I have a Leia 89h that also fits nicely in it. I know these canopies have a bit more material but anything over a 150 could be an issue.

sunflower92

aerodyne 160 smart reserve,

Why are you saying I have been lied too?

You are new. You do not yet understand the meaning of "fit" in this context. Just because you can manage to force it into the container does not mean it fits. Damage to the container is likely to or already has occurred.

I say you have been lied to because someone sold you something, money changed hands, and the information you were given is wrong.

If you have only stuffed it in there a few times to try it you are probably alright. I'm actually a little more concerned about the Smart 160 reserve. Overfilling the reserve container is hard on the grommets and the stiffeners they are set in.

Do yourself a favour. Send an email to Sunrise Rigging, who made the container and ask for their input. Its always better to ask the maker than to get internet advice. These are small companies and they like to help people out. But bear in mind that because they are small they don't always answer quickly.

(edited)

And add to the fact that overstuffing the reserve packing tray can be risky. It increases the chances of a reserve container lock with a low speed cutaway. The manufacturers publish maximum canopy sizes for a reason.

Edited by 20kN