Jaks1213

Price question!!!Going to buy my first rig this year!!

Let's pretend I find one with 500 jumps 1 on the reserve no holes/patches, lines are not brand new but still have life in them. I'm gonna assume there would be a little canopy fade with 500 jumps. What is the high and low price I might pay?! No more questions for me just hit me with a price range from shitty to not shitty! Thanks

I'd say with 500 jumps on the lineset you may well be close to getting a reline. Have it inspected to determine that, where it is jumped can affect the life of a lineset a lot. Sandy desert environments are harder on linesets.

As a ballpark figure - take the cost of the new canopy. Knock off a couple of hundred because it's used. And then deduct 1 - 1.25 per jump depreciation should give you an estimate. If its got patches / repaired damage / lineset is near being replaced / or repair to be done - broken stitches, worn slinks then deduct a bit more or negotiate with the customer about splitting the cost of repair.

The seller often will quote fewer jumps than its done to get the best price. If they want to sell it quickly they may come down a bit in price.