Bud_T

Parachutes for V310 container.

Recently got a Micron V310 container and was thinking to save a few bucks and put a P.S. Volt 150/Decelerator 150 combo in it. I contacted both Manufacturers UPT and P.S., neither were real helpful as they both pointed me back to the other manufacturer. Can someone on her help me? Just wondering if thsee components will fit safely together. Thanks. :S

Looking at the chart I would say there is a reason neither can say yes or no. Assuming this combo would pack the same as the equivalent PD canopies they would both be at the "full fitting" size for the container. So they can only guess and they are not willing to do that. I'm willing to guess that they will probably fit, but poorly. The same as if you put a Sabre 150 and a PDR143 in.

But that is only a guess from a stranger on the internet. You could ask PS if they can tell you how the pack volume compares to PD canopies. They probably know that. I've always found it best to stay away from "full fitting" in UPT products.

Seems these days that half the newbie questions are about putting big canopies into a hot little rig. Fitting 10 pounds of shit into a 5 pound bag, so to speak. The term "full fitting" comes up more than it should....

(No offence to the OP. Finding, choosing, and putting together gear is one of the tougher parts of becoming a skydiver.)
  • Like 1

pchapman

Seems these days that half the newbie questions are about putting big canopies into a hot little rig. Fitting 10 pounds of shit into a 5 pound bag, so to speak. The term "full fitting" comes up more than it should....

(No offence to the OP. Finding, choosing, and putting together gear is one of the tougher parts of becoming a skydiver.)

Just look at the gear wanted ads. It's all about "room to downsize"!

Thanks for the replies. I’m small, so it’s not really a “hot little rig” to me. I guess it’s more of a rigging issue as the pack volumes are so different amongst manufacturers. Parachute systems gives the pack volumes on their website for each of their canopies, but PD doesnt; they have a “pack volume chart” but it’s pretty much useless as they don’t give pack volumes on it. I found the pack volume for the decelerator150 is between the OP143 and OP160 -but closer to the latter. Nonetheless, I’m still awaiting a response by UPT for the reserve tray volume of the v310. I couldn’t find the pack volume of the sabre2 150 to compare with that of the Volt 150. I guess I was just wondering if anyone else put these in their Rig to see how it worked out.

On 1/14/2019 at 6:40 AM, Bud_T said:

Thanks for the replies. I’m small, so it’s not really a “hot little rig” to me. I guess it’s more of a rigging issue as the pack volumes are so different amongst manufacturers. Parachute systems gives the pack volumes on their website for each of their canopies, but PD doesnt; they have a “pack volume chart” but it’s pretty much useless as they don’t give pack volumes on it. I found the pack volume for the decelerator150 is between the OP143 and OP160 -but closer to the latter. Nonetheless, I’m still awaiting a response by UPT for the reserve tray volume of the v310. I couldn’t find the pack volume of the sabre2 150 to compare with that of the Volt 150. I guess I was just wondering if anyone else put these in their Rig to see how it worked out.

I have a safire 2 150 and a PDR143 in a 310. I have also had pilot 170 zpx in it with the same size reserve. It is tight but I have not had any issues.....as yet. I am a noob though and this is just my experience so far. I don't have enough knowledge to comment on whether or not this is good but nobody has mentioned an issue after rigger inspections and reserve repacks.